Saturday, December 2, 2017

Dose of Colors Lip It Up in Brulee

I have a quick post today to share with you- an offering from one of my favorite indie brands.



I was lucky enough to literally run into this at a local Ulta; I wasn't sure what color to purchase when perusing online.

Say hello to Dose of Colors Lip It Up Satin Lipstick in Brulee.


According to the brand, the Lip It Up formula is a satin lipstick. For $17, you receive 0.11 oz. Brulee is classified as a pinkish beige.


These are in lovely rose gold, thin and elongated tubes. The most interesting part is the design of the lipstick itself.


Yes, it's square and angular. It allows for a more precise line, especially given the formula. Overall, I find this formula to be on the stiffer side in terms of traditional lipsticks. I'm eager to try Dose of Colors' regular lipsticks so I can compare formulas.

Brulee is the most wearable, everyday shade in the range (IMO).



It pulls a lot lighter on my lips due to pigmentation.


I like it, but it's not something I find myself reaching for out of habit. I prefer a more emollient lipstick formula. Still, I'm so happy to have ran into it so I could try it for myself.

Wear time is what you'd assume for a standard lipstick.

If you get a chance to see these in person or fall in love with a color, I recommend checking out the line. It's not my favorite, but I need to make myself use it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.