Sunday, December 17, 2017

Morphe 39A Dare to Create Palette for Holiday 2017



Say hello to the star of Morphe's holiday collection. I'm well aware that this is a contraversial brand, but I'll note that I've had seamless experiences with them the three times I've ordered direct (one for brushes, one for the Jaclyn Hill palette, and this order).



The Morphe 39A Dare to Create palette ($32) contains 2.67oz/75.7g  of product in total, spread between 39 shades.



One of the things I really liked about this layout is that the top two rows are warm, the bottom two are cool, and there are larger-pan transition shades in the middle. I'll give full credit to Jaclyn Hill in this video for appropriately ID'ing that the transition shades are the same size as the Make Up For Ever singles.


This is an aside, but I love the black and gold theme, and the affirmation in the lid, which reads "Be Your Own Muse. We Dare You."

This palette called to me, especially Snatched (bright red shimmer), Dare Me (Cobalt shimmer), Fickle (olive matte), Inspire (green shimmer), Pine (deep olive matte), Colour (deep teal shimmer). Yes, I'm still in my cool moment.



I've tested this off and on for several weeks. I didn't think to photograph my looks, but I've really liked how these perform. It's all been on par with the Jaclyn Hill palette in terms of performance.

I do have swatches per row for you:

Row 1:


Row 2:



Row 3:



Row 4:



Row 5:


One note on Muse- it is buildable but swatches miserably.

This is a lovely and well-balanced palette. I'm mad that there's not a matte cream (hello, us fair people can't live without it!) which means it couldn't be the only palette I travel with. That's the only thing I'm missing though.

This is apparently actually limited edition. I'm not sure of their shipping deadlines, but this would make a nice present for the younger makeup lover in your life. You do get the shade names in an overlay (annoying since they did print on the palette for the 9A at Ulta). This is standard Morphe cardboard packaging, but it does feel sleek.

I'm very happy to have this, and have enjoyed the looks that I've made with it. I'm still waiting for them to make a greens palette. And then try and stop me from buying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.