Sunday, December 24, 2017

Laura Geller Baked Blush n Brighten in Peach Delight


Today's post is emblematic of the types of products I want to take the time to review but always get lost. I actually purchased this during the Spring 2017 Ulta 21 Days of Beauty, but haven't had time to talk about it until now.

I went on a Laura Geller bender this past winter and spring. After testing about 80% of her line, one of my favorite products is the Baked Blush n Brighten baked blushes. Today I'm sharing with you one of my favorites- Peach Delight.


Let's talk basics first. For $28 at Ulta or the brand's website, you receive 0.16oz/4.5g of this baked powder blush that was made in Italy (standard for the brand). On Ulta, I see a total of six shades; LauraGeller.com has 11 listings although not all are in stock.

Peach Delight is described as "vibrant pink flecked with peach shimmer." I think it's more like the color of a nice, ripe red grapefruit on the inside.


The small mirror included in the packaging pulls it a bit lighter.

I've tried a number of these blushes and several of them produce a similar sheen on the cheeks. I'm a big fan of the line, especially for a more natural flush. If you don't like shimmery blushes (or only do matte), steer clear.

I find these to produce a soft effect on the cheeks. This swatch gives you a good idea:


I think it's just an effortless look- which is what I've come to appreciate about the line as a whole. They last during the workday for me, but don't confuse these with an ultra-pigmented, ultra-longwearing blush. They're just right for a polished look though.


Bottom Line: These aren't matte. These also can look somewhat similar. You can probably achieve a similar look to many shades if you look at the Milani baked blushes, but I think investing in your favorite shade is a worthwhile splurge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.