Thursday, December 7, 2017

MAC Eye Brows in Spiked



Confession: Although I'm still angry and feel mistreated as a consumer by Boxycharm, I let my subscription (that magically restarted) go through September. One of the items in the September 2017 box was this brow pencil- MAC's Eye Brows in Spiked.



This is a currently-available product. Spiked is one of ten shades available from MAC for $18, and the brand calls it a "rich brunette."



For that $18, you get 0.09g/0.003oz of product in a twist-up mechanical pencil. I'm partial to my ABH Brow Whiz, but decided to try this because brow products are essentially the only MAC product I've yet to try.



This is a tiny tip. I really like the tip- it's smaller than anything else in my collection. Here are comparisons to both ABH Brow Whiz and the L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer:

Left: ABH Brow Whiz v MAC
Right: L'Oreal Brow Definer v MAC

I LOVE this teeny tiny tip and that's what sets this product apart from everything else. My brows are naturally quite lacking, so these teeny-tipped brow products are my favorite to add a little something without full-on Instabrows.

Look, brows aren't my strong suit. I could ignore that they exist, or I could share good products with you....


Spiked isn't my ideal shade, but it's close enough that I'll be using this guy up- and probably nabbing another brow pencil from MAC in the future.  I went through my brow collection and couldn't find an exact dupe currently in my collection. Here's a comparison of all of the similar products:




I see three drawbacks with this product. First, the teeny tip means that it will take some time to do your brows. I don't mind, but I know that's a deal for some people. Second, I think this product will be used up relatively quickly because of the formula and the tip. That said, it has slightly more product than the ABH Brow Whiz (0.09g vs 0.085g for $3 less). Third, there's no spoolie on the packaging. Grumble.

Bottom Line: This is a totally unexpected love for a more natural brow. I'll be more likely to take a look at MAC's offerings in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.