Monday, December 4, 2017

MAC Lipstick in Dare You

Time again for another one of my quick hit posts where I talk about a single permanent collection item.



Today I'd like to share with you MAC Lipstick in Dare You.



Let's be honest. Due to the sheer size of MAC's permanent collection, quite a few shades tend to get lost. There's visual overload by visiting a MAC counter, so I'm still learning about different shades.



Dare You was an impulse purchase after reading a Racked article entitled 13 Easy Ways to Look Like You Have Your Shit Together. Sold.



Dare You, a Cremesheen lipstick, weighs in at 3g for $17.50 after the latest MAC price hike (wow). According to MAC, Dare You is a "deep brown red."

I think it's glorious for fall/winter.


I'll readily admit to being hesitant to embrace the brown lipstick trend again, but shades like this have me all-in. I'm also one of the few cremesheen fans because of their balmy texture. I'll happily reapply time after time if my sensitive lips don't get dried out.

Let's go to the swatch.



Dare You also hits the metallic/pearlized trend just a bit. It just screams fall/winter to me, to be honest. This has been in hot and heavy rotation ever since I purchased it in late September.



Yeah, that's the type of shade that makes the wearer look like they have their shit together. Nicely called, Racked.

Do you have any lipsticks that are a go-to like that? Or have you discovered a new permanent MAC lipstick lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.