Sunday, December 17, 2017

Essence Metal Eyeshadows


Tonight I'm going to share a quick peek at what was an impulse purchase one evening at Ulta. I spotted the Essence display with the Metals eyeshadows.

These baked shadows weigh in at 4g/ 0.14oz each and retail for $3.99. There were six shades at my Ulta, but there are nine shades listed on the brand's website. I purchased two of them to test the formula- and for one specific reason which I'll get into.


First up, Ballerina.

This is a lovely champagne shimmer. Ballerina Glam looks like it would be fantastic as either a subtle, glam lid shade or as a highlighter.


I wasn't sold on the baked formula. but was willing to give it a chance.


This is the swatch:


It's gorgeous and has better pigmentation than a lot of the other baked highlighters in my stash.

The other shade I picked up was Deep Sea.


I'm not sure why this called to me, but it did. It's a deep blue.



This is totally not my type of color, but the formula's very smooth.


This is pretty and smoky- now, I just need a reason to wear this at night!


I think these are fantastic for the price and highly recommend them.Ballerina Glam is my choice of the two (obviously). I'll be delving further into Essence in 2018, so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.