Saturday, November 16, 2013

Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Holiday 2013 Set

I've already raved about the Diorshow New Look Holiday 2013 set, and this is the sister to it.  I find these sets to be some of the best values out there.

This version of the mascara + palette set features Diorshow Iconic Overcurl mascara and a mini of palette 254 Bleu de Paris.








Just a quick word on Diorshow Iconic Overcurl mascara- this is different than the others due to the curved brush.  I'm going to open this as my next mascara, so look out for an in-depth review at that time. 





The mini eyeshadow palettes are one of my favorite products out there. (To be honest, I have a mini problem- mini palettes, mini lipsticks, and especially mini perfumes.)








The 5 Couleurs Palette #254- Bleu de Paris is a breath of fresh air and exactly the blue palette I've been looking for.

The palette outside, in natural light:



But swatched, it looks even better.  For reference, I swatch these quints from the upper left and around in a clockwise manner, finishing with the middle color. Dior eyeshadows are incredibly pigmented, and I get a full day's worth of wear as long as I'm using my favorite primer.


Inside, no flash:





Inside, with flash (more representative):





Outside:





Color #1 is my favorite in this palette. It has just enough grey in it to make it versatile and workable in most situations. Blue is a tough color for me to wear (I have blue eyes), but this palette looks lovely on me.  I'd have paid $28.50 for a single of #1, so this is a fantastic buy for me.



In case you were wondering, the mini palettes require a brush with a small head in order to efficiently pick up pigment.  I used the Ulta Professional Crease brush (pictured below with the palette) for my swatches.



Comparing the palette, it's 1/3 the size of the regular palettes.  That would place the value of the mini at $20.

Bottom Line: Run, don't walk to grab this set.  I'll revisit the mascara once I open it (I'm set for 2014 already in terms of mascara!), but this is just such a great value.  This set in particular features some incredible blues in a manageable palette size.

Pricing/Availability: $28.50, at Nordstrom or Macys.  The later claims it as an exclusive, but it's been at my local Nordstrom for over a month already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.