Sunday, June 11, 2017

Everyday Makeup Drawer: 11-17 June 2017

It's funny- I was congratulating myself on having this drawer set up Friday night for next week. Then Saturday happened and the heat wave kicked off. That changed everything. Note the number of creme products that dominate- I'm someone who normally hates creams, but I've got 3 liquid blushes, 2 liquid/creme highlights, and 5 creme/liquid eyeshadows. I've learned over the years that those tend not to melt off my face as easily.

I think we're officially in bronzy glowy eye with bronzy cheeks and coral lips season.

When it's warmer, I go to tried and true items. I've got a foundation and concealer that I'm trying, but that'll be today (Sunday) when I don't have to be gone from my home for hours. I actually tried a new foundation yesterday too- post coming on that.

I also exfoliated my self-tanner away so I'm back to being pale.

I hope the photos are bearable; I decided not to set up studio lights and did a more casual setup.

Action shot of the drawers in action:




For the record, I do Primers, Foundations, Powders, Liners of all sorts, Concealers, Brows, and Mascaras in the Right drawer and everything else in the left. I have some items that just stay in the front part of my left drawer. They're things like white & black lipsticks, a cleanup pen, lip scrub, tape, Glitter Glue, etc. Someday I'll post a collection tour and it'll make more sense.

As always, (t) notes a new item that I'm testing for the blog, (p) are the permanent drawer dwellers.



Primers: Guerlain L'Or Primer (p), Smashbox Primer Water (p), Smashbox Photo Finish Primer- Pore Minimizer (p), CoverFX Mattifying Primer (p), Make Up For Ever Step 1 Primer- Anti-Redness, CoverFX Custom Blot Drops, Milk Makeup Blur Stick (t), L'oreal Magic Perfecting Base (p), MAC Paint Pot- Painterly (p)



Concealers: NARS Soft Matte- Chantilly (p), Tarte Shape Tape- Fair & Fair Beige (p), Cle de Peau Concealer- Ivoire, Revlon Youth FX Fill & Blue Concealer- 01 Fair (t)



Correctors: Tarte Colored Clay CC Undereye Corrector (p), LA Girl Pro Conceal- Lavender Corrector (p), Marc Jacobs Cover(t) Stick- Co(vert) Affairs (p)

Foundations: It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream- Fair & Light, MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation- NW13 & NW18, Revlon Youth FX Fill & Blur Foundation- 110 Ivory (t), Cover Girl Matte BB Cream- Custom Blended (in brush cleanser tin), Lancome Teint Idole Foundations- 90 & 100 (t)

Powders: Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder, RCMA No Color Powder, MAC Studio Fix Powder- NW15 (p), Chanel Les Beiges #10, It Cosmetics CC+ Airbrush Perfecting Powder- Fair, NYX Blot Powder- Light, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder- Ethereal Light (p), ELF Undereye Setting Powder, Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Pact & Mineral Powder (t)



Contour & Bronzer: Urban Decay Shape Shifter Palette- Light/Medium (t), Marc Jacobs Bronzer- Tantastic, Tom Ford Bronzing Powder- Gold Dust, Tarte palette

Blush: NARS Liquid Blush- Orgasm & Luster (t),  Tarte custom blush palette, NARS Foreplay Palette, Natasha Denona Blush- #19 (t), NARS The Multiple (Mini)- Orgasm

Highlight: Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Rainbow Highlighter- Everlasting Glow (t), NYX Dose of Dew (t),  Tom Ford Shimmer Shot- Spin Spin Sugar, Essence Pure Nude- Be My Highlight

Eyeshadow: Viseart Neutral Matte (p), Tartelette in Bloom (p), Viseart Warm Mattes, Natasha Denona Sunset Palette (under the Viseart palettes), Tarte Aqualillies Palette, Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow-Rose Gold Retro, Kat Von D Eyeshadow & Blush- Lolita (t), Laura Geller Get Ready n Go Palette, Wholly Deep Jewel Pot, Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick- Golden Pink (mini), Maybelline Color Tattoo- Bad to the Bronze, Revlon ColorStay Creme Eyeshadow- 735, Fiona Stiles Radiant Aqua Eye Veil- Hudson



Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Whiz- Dark Brown, Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow- Dark Brown

Eyeliner: Hourglass Mechanical Gel Eyeliner- Obsidian (p), L'Oreal Voluminous Liner Noir (p), Rimmel London Scandaleyes- 005 Nude (p), Julep Gel Eyeliner- Bronze Shimmer (p), Dior Diorshow Liner Waterproof- Aqua Green (p), Fiona Stiles Ultra-Smooth Waterproof Liner- Mulholland, NYX Slide On, Glide On Liner- Glitzy Gold (t), Burberry Efortless Kohl- Antique Gold (p), Kat Von D Autograph Pencil- DRA, NYX Retractable Liner- Gypsy Blue (t), NYX Slide On, Glide On Liner- Jewel, Golden Bronze

Mascara: Urban Decay Subversion Primer, L'Oreal Lash Paradise- Regular & Waterproof, MAC Upward Lash, Lancome Monsieur Big

Lip Liner: Rodial Liner- Nude, Bite Liner- 022, Lipstick Queen Invisible Liner


Lip Products: 









Row 1- MAC Cremesheen Glass- Summer Succulence, MAC Cremesheen Glass- Cha-Cha-Cha, ColourPop Ultra Satin Lip- Alyssa (t), Kiko Lipstick- 901, MAC Lipstick- Shy Girl, Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick- Dolce (t), MAC Lipstick- Velvet Teddy

Row 2- Cover Girl Melting Pot- 105 Gel-ful (t), BareMinerals GenNude Buttercream Gloss- Sugar, BareMinerals GenNude Liquid Lipstick- Slay, Chanel Rouge Coco Gloss- 119 Bourgeoisie, MAC Lipstick- Hot Gossip (t), MAC Lipstick- Love at First Bite

Row 3- Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss- Maui (t), MAC Cremesheen Glass- Shake, Shake, Shake, Fiona Stiles Color Impact Satin Lip Crayon- Gracie, Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss- Petal (t), BareMinerals Liquid Lipstick- Juicy (t)

Here's to hoping I don't melt this week!

A quick note on what's coming this week- a quickie review on Kat Von D Lolita Blush/Eyeshadow, the most genius setting spray released in a long time, a Glossybox review, and I'm battling the new Cover Girl and Revlon foundations. If time permits, I'm also working on a review of the Urban Decay Shapeshifter Contour Kit, two mascaras, and that new Milani blush/highlighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.