Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless Shade Extensions for Summer 2017: 102 Fair Porcelain & 105 Fair Ivory



Let me start today's review with a rave for Maybelline.  They've added additional shades in their Fit Me Matte & Poreless line, and by far it's the most comprehensive at the drugstore. The shade lineup now clocks in at a truly impressive 32 shades- and they're really working at covering all skintones from the palest of the pale to the deep ebony. So bravo, Maybelline!

Initially, I planned to pass this release because this isn't a formula that particularly wears well on me. Still, the addition of two new pale shades lured me back in, and I'm glad I kept two other bottles (at one point I had five) in my stash for reference.

The basics:
Full Product Name: Fit Me Foundation Matte & Poreless
Targeted: Oily to Normal Skin
Number of shades: 32
Price: $5.99/1oz (Walmart), $7.99 (Maybelline.com, Ulta.com), $8.49 (CVS)
Packaging: Glass bottle, no pump

There are two new pale shades- 102 Fair Porcelain and 105 Fair Ivory. Here they are swatched:



Before I get into the full comparison, let's talk about why I'm not a huge fan of this foundation. I've tried it with so many different primers because it's such a popular line, but it's such a long-term fail for me.

Here's a huge smile line after 5 hours:


And look at my chin after that same 5 hours:


EWWWWWW.

The color match is on point, though. It's 102 Fair Porcelain. This is a foundation that looks great for 3-4 hours tops, and then breaks down on me.

I have the lightest 4 shades in my collection right now:


OK, let's swatch. Although the formula just doesn't do it for me, it is the most pale-girl friendly line in US drugstores at the moment.


Let's talk about the shades for a moment. I think 102 is a great match for me. In the past, I found 110 to be way too yellow but 112 to be too dark. So, I'd blend, use mixers, and tweak. I can wear 102 straight up and like it a lot, shade-wise. 105 is still a little too dark but I bet it'll work well when I'm self-tanned (yeah, I know. Self-tanned and needing a lightest shade extension.). I think 102 is more neutral than 110.

Bottom Line: I think this is a great foundation in terms of shade offerings, and I pray other drugstore brands follow Maybelline's lead in embracing all complexions. I'm going to keep playing with it, but the formula isn't long-wearing for me. I wanted to show my support for lighter foundation shades and share them with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.