Friday, June 9, 2017

QBB Hauls: QBB Loves K-Beauty

I'm going to spill a little tea on myself with today's QBB Hauls post. Even though the trend has been going strong for awhile, I've been loving K-Beauty for longer than most. I live "near"a robust K-town communities and have been going to Korean beauty shops for years. I have numerous stores that I can visit- and I do. I limit myself to a trip every 2 months or so because I spend so much money when I go!

I do have some Korean makeup, but the trip last weekend was to restock my enormous sheet mask collection. In the past two months, I've used most of my firming and brightening masks. Even though I don't live that far, I try to stock up and limit my trips.

Let's start with my purchases at The Face Shop. It's a mostly natural product store that focuses on skincare. I have loved their masks (which are usually on sale) for years. Their Real Nature Blueberry mask is one of my favorites on the market and I always have at least 5-10 on hand. For real.




  • I picked up a package of their Mild Cotton Pads ($2 for 80, they're great for toner!)
  • I purchased 6 of their The Solution face masks (they were running B5 G1free): 3 x Vitamin C, 2 x Pearl, 1 x Hyaluronic Acid
  • I purchased 12 of their Real Nature face masks (B5 G1): 2x Peony, 1x Lotus, 1x Lily, 1x Green Tea, 1x White Tea, 1x Blueberry, 1x Acai Berry, 1x Avocado, 1x Rice, 1x Kelp, 1x Pomegranate
  • I also got a few samples: Eco Natural Sun SPF 50, Chia Seed Fresh Cleansing Foam, Rice Water Cleansing Foam, Cucina Hand Cream
For those that think pricing is similar to Ulta or Sephora, nope. Your average face mask in legit K-Beauty stores is between $1.50-3.

Next, I headed to Aritaum, one of my favorite stores. For those who don't know, this is operated by AmorePacific's parent company. You can get Iope, Laneige, Aritaum, Mamonde, and Sulwhasoo products at my local store.


  • I've never seen the bio cellulose masks before. They're a bit pricier than the average mask here ($3), but they're apparently jelly masks. I was intrigued. I picked up the soothing & lifting versions.
  • Same goes for the cel: cushion mask. I picked up the moisturizing version to try.
  • Next, I picked up 15 of their regular sheet masks (B10G5). At $1.50, I find this to be the best deal on sheet masks around- you can customize and mix and match. There are far more versions, but these are my favorites. I picked up 3 x Vitamin C, 2x Tea Tree, 4 x Hyaluronic Acid, 3 x Green Tea, 1 x Pearl, 1 x Lemon, 1 x Pomegranate.
  • I also received a few samples of Pure Artemisia Watery Calming Cream.
  • I picked up two of the Baby Face Mists. I swear by the Hyaluronic Acid (blue), and I'm eager to try the Tea Tree (green) this summer)

Lastly, I went to a store that should be familiar to most my readers: TonyMoly. I feel bad for those of you without access to their stores, because you're getting ripped off! Let me explain.



  • I picked up a 10-pack of my favorite Pore Care Red Wine Sheet Mask. This (and the Baby Face sprays) were the reasons I went to the stores in the first place. I always purchase this in a 10-pack.
  • I purchased two of the Master Lab face masks- EGF Wrinkle Care and Centella Asiatica. I've loved all of the ones in this line that I've tried, so I can't wait to try these two.
  • I picked up two masks from the Tonymoly x Pokemon Collab: Naong (Vanilla) and Kkobugi (Lotus).
  • I'm interested in trying the My Little Pet Wrinkle Line Patch because my smile lines are becoming an issue.
  • I received the Golden Mushroom Mask Sheet (coming soon) as a gift with purchase to try.
Let's talk math and how retailers in the US are ripping off consumers who aren't aware on these masks. My beloved Red Wine Pore Care mask retails for $4.00 each at Ulta, which is where many learn about the brand. At the store, these masks retail for $2.00 each if you purchase individually. If you purchase a 10-pack (in a bag with bar code), it's $19.00. So I could pay $4.00 each at Ulta or drive 20 minute to the store and pay $1.90 each. This is how I use so many masks!

What are your favorite K-Beauty masks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.