Friday, June 30, 2017

June 2017 Favorites

I'd originally planned to do a May 2017 favorites, but it just didn't happen. So, welcome to my first monthly favorites back! I'm going to try to streamline things a bit. If there's a hyperlink, I'm referring back to a previous review. Believe it or not, I'm calling back into the archives pretty deeply with this favorites.


Skincare:



I loved my safe sun the first half of the month, and went back to naturally pale the second half. I'm loving two products from Clarins, both of which I featured all the way back in May 2014! I repurchased the Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster for face  because I'd been bronzing my body but not my face. I also pulled the Clarins Shimmer Oil out of the cabinet (I'm still working on that initial bottle, but this stuff doesn't go bad.) and applied it with the Real Techniques body sponge for a gorgeous look. Sadly, I think it's discontinued but I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I'm toying around with posting my morning/evening skincare routines because I'm really honing in on what works for my skin. For the first time in years, I didn't even get hormonal acne this past month and I credit my skincare routine for that. Fingers crossed, I've introduced a serum that scares me within the past week at night to try to perfect my tone.

I will give a special shout-out to The Ordinary Caffeine Serum 5% with EGCG. I love Chanel's Le Lift Concentre Yeux, but not its $115 price tag. The Ordinary's serum isn't nearly as hydrating but it gives me a similar effect for $108.30 less! I'm also loving a lower-priced alternative in Enlite Skin Cardio Serum. I find that it's quite similar in effect to a serum I've tried from Clarins in the past. I've also continued to love Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum and attribute my skin clarity to it. I'm testing some other Drunk Elephant items and plan to write a full write-up once I have thoughts.

In terms of cleansers, I reach for Enlite Foam Away Daily Clarifying Foaming Cleanser almost every morning and Pixi + Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse nightly.

I was trying to explain my favorite SPF items but it turned preachy so I'm not going to touch it here.


Makeup:

This was a month where I feel like I pulled it back to basics a bit. I rediscovered some old favorites.



  • Primer: I really discovered CoverFX Mattifying Primer with anti-Aging Treatment last month, but I used up a travel size. After I use the backup I previously purchased, I'll get the full size. Given the number of primers I own, this says a lot. I also fell in love with the Milk Makeup Blur Stick after initially dismissing it as too trendy. Nope, it works.
  • Base: I alternated between two combinations primarily: the It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream, which was my jam in May as well, and I finally caved and bought Lancome Teint Idole at the end of the month after playing with samples for the entire month.
  • Concealer: I'm still obsessed with my Tarte Shape Tape and actually picked up a third shade to work when I'm self-tanned.
  • Powder: I guess I knew a great thing almost 2 decades ago- MAC Studio Fix remains my favorite.



  • Blush: I really used two blushes this month: NARS Orgasm (in the Foreplay palette here) and Natasha Denona Blush Duo #19
  • Bronzer: I really loved two bronzers this month: last year's iteration of L'Oreal GlamBronze in 01 (I've spotted this year's in stores already) and Marc Jacobs O!Mega Bronzer in Tantasic (which smells like coconut).
  • Highlighter: I rely upon Laura Geller Baked Highlighter in French Vanilla on a daily basis for eye-area highlight because it's so subtle, and I also fell in love with Pixi x Aspy Novard Glow-y Powder in London Lustre.
  • Eyeshadow: Of course, I adore the Natasha Denona Sunset Palette (I will be reviewing this because it's now been made permanent), and have been loving the Viseart Neutral Matte & Warm Matte palettes amongst others.


  • Lipstick: This has only been a favorite the past week or so, but I rediscovered Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Peyote to pair with my UD Heat palette. I also love MAC Shy Girl (in the LE packaging)
  • Lip Gloss: This was really a month for gloss for me. Some of my favorites were Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Glosses in Caramel and Metallic Rose. I also loved MAC Creamsheen Glass in Cha-Cha-Cha (especially with Shy Girl), Chanel Rouge Coco Gloss in Bourgeoisie, and bareMinerals Gloss in Sugar (mini pictured because my full size ran off somewhere)
What were your favorites this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.