Saturday, June 10, 2017

Urban Decay Go Naked Perfume Oil

Please forgive me if this review's a bit loopy. My job's been a bit more than anticipated the past two weeks. Fun fact: I've had either no lunch or PopTarts for lunch 50% of the last 2 weeks. I know that my personal fatigue is not of interest- it's the new Urban Decay perfume oil. Just know, you've been warned.



This was the only Fall preview item that I picked up at the recent Sephora VIB Rouge Fall Preview event, and that was largely because I'd been sucked in by watching YouTube influencers rave about the fragrance. At only $24, it seemed to be a really safe pick.

Let's start with the attention to detail. Look at the lovely purple lining of the box!



Now, let's look at the bottle itself:



In case you're wondering, it's a rollerball. I was initially rooting for a spray but with it being an oil, Urban Decay wisely went with a rollerball. After using it for a week, I'm into the rollerball now.



Let's talk about the basics. As I mentioned, it's $24, and you get 0.16oz/5ml of product. It's a rollerball, and according to the website, limited edition.

According to Sephora, it's in the Floral fragrance family, specifically Fruity Florals. The key notes are Italian Bergamot, Orange Blossom, and Lavender.

With Go Naked Perfume Oil, you don't just look better Naked, but you even smell better Naked too. The limited-edition oil captures the feeling of sun-warmed skin and salt air on a private beach. It's infused with 100 percent concentrated perfume oil for serious staying power. It unveils top notes of Italian bergamot, petitgrain, mandarin, and lemon, with orange blossom and neroli. The base notes carry hints of lavender, jasmine, and musk.

It's a very light scent- this is more of a high summer scent for me. I think I've figured out what it is that's not quite sitting with me- it's the jasmine. I figured it'd be an instant love, but I'm not really friendly, let alone lovers with jasmine.

I adore the packaging on this one- it feels so luxe. The cap is similar to the rose gold packaging from the Naked Ultimate Basics palette.



I can't remember the last time that Urban Decay released a perfume (edit: 2010 and 2004, per Google), but they nailed it with this scent.

The best part about my crazy schedule is that I tried this out for a full week before writing this. Although it's perfume oil, I don't think it's the longest lasting perfume on the market. It's nice and light yet summery (it just makes me think of the beach and skin- perfect for the name!) so it's totally office friendly. I love that it's purse-friendly as well.

Will this replace my go-tos? Nope.

Will I pick up a backup because it's just so easy? Probably.

Bottom Line: I highly recommend checking this new launch up. See how it works with your body- others are reporting it lasting forever on them. It's a wonderful high summer scent. It's been growing on me, and I foresee it being a permanent purse dweller as the temperature rises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.