Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Kate Somerville UncompliKated SPF Setting Spray



Setting sprays have become a bit of an obsession for me as of late. I adore the idea of keeping a flawless face all day long since my days are extremely long. Since taking a new assignment, my commute time just went from 10 minutes each way to 90 minutes on public transportation each way. With summer settling in, that means a lot of ick.


The real thing that I'm obsessed with is SPF. I don't leave the house even in the middle of winter without SPF slathered all over my body. Despite my self-tanned current state, I embrace my natural paleness. I've been able to hold off hard core aging (aside from a couple of lines that showed up these past 2 months). I blame my religious addiction to SPF.

Kate Somerville's UncompliKated SPF Setting Spray combines the best of both worlds. At $38 for 3.4oz this is a pricey setting spray. Its genius lies in the SPF50. Thank you.



This is a revolutionary product for me. It's so hard to find SPF that you can reapply throughout the day (remember, you have to reapply your SPF!) that doesn't tear up my makeup.

I've been testing this for about 2.5 weeks and couldn't be happier. It's not the world's best setting spray in terms of lengthening wear time but it layers well with more hardcore sprays for that purpose. This reapplies wonderfully and doesn't look to be too much.

I really like the nozzle though:



The spray, overall, is excellent. It's soft and won't mess up your makeup (no worrying about splatter- a real thing with some setting sprays). I'm still not sold that it's great for extending the wear; I just consider this added sunscreen.



Bottom Line: I highly recommend this to everyone. It's expensive for SPF, but it's a genius way to refresh your look and your sun protection. The sprayer is gloriously amazing and doesn't splatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.