Thursday, June 29, 2017

L'Oreal Infallible Pro Glow Concealer & Powder



This summer, L'Oreal continues to extend their Infallible lines- there are new lips and face products coming. Today we'll talk about the brand-new concealer and powder that the brand is releasing for Summer 2017.

I'll admit that I was disappointed that L'Oreal chose to create a Pro-Glow concealer rather than a Pro Matte, because I've never been a fan of the Pro Glow foundation, whereas the Pro Matte is one of my drugstore Holy Grails. I'm halfway through my second tube of Pro Matte, but am mixing in the Pro Glow during the winter for finish. I can't wear it alone.

I don't think I've found this at local stores yet but purchased mine from Amazon. I'm making this clear because I didn't get to see it in person prior to purchase.



When it arrived, my heart sank. I'll get to why in a bit.

Let's talk packaging. It reminds me of Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, which I decluttered because 10 is too dark. It's a slim, square tube with a flat applicator.



Now, here's my issue with this. I purchased shade 01 Classic Ivory. On my hand is Pro Glow foundation 201 Classic Ivory.


I have two thoughts.

1. FAIL
2. What the *&*&*, L'Oreal ?!?!?!?!?!

I didn't even get to test the formula, this is such a ridiculous fail. Because I want to make my dark circles even darker. Glad L'Oreal's on the cutting edge of that trend. UGGHHHH.

Look at just how damn dark this thing is:



Are. You. Kidding. Me. ?!?!?!

L'Oreal, this isn't acceptable. Your LIGHTEST shade would be the 5th-7th darkest in Shape Tape.

ARGH.

I could vent all day about this, but let's move onto the other release- the brand-new Pro Glow powder. I do have its cousin Pro Matte and like it.


The packaging is similar to Pro Matte.


The powder isn't.

This is such a unique powder- there's actually 2 powders in there!


It's reportedly a demo-matte powder with an included highlighter. The upper shade is demo-matte and slightly darker, whereas the lighter shade on the bottom is a highlighter.

Here's a swatch:



I'm really digging this product- it gives such a nice, airbrushed look without becoming a glitter ball.

Bottom Line: The powder's worth checking out, but the concealer is a ridiculous hard pass that's unacceptably dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.