Monday, June 26, 2017

QBB Hauls: Inside my Ulta 20% Haul

Just a quick first post today to share my Ulta 20% off haul with you and a funny pattern that I find myself following. Yes, First Post. A quick aside- I have a number of formulaic posts that I want to cover at the end of the month (favorites, empties, #ProjectUseThemALL, etc). Since I have so many products to review, these will be double post days. Same goes for this haul.

OK, back to the topic at hand. It's widely known that Ulta sends 20% off coupons to Platinum members 4ish times per year (I feel like it's more like every other month, to be honest) that include Prestige. Even though I'd just redeemed 4000 points ($250) and spent another $200 this past week (Over $100 of that was Naked Heat and 2 liners, with overnight shipping), I couldn't resist the coupon.

My haul reveals a lot about my normal behavior during these coupons- and the VIB sales.



  • Drybar Southern Belle Mousse: Oh thank you whatever deity you believe in. I've been struggling with a mousse I detest since February but have been too stubborn to purchase a fave instead. Since I had the coupon, I finally bought one of my two all-time faves.
  • Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer in Light Neutral: This travel-sized concealer was a strategic purchase. When I was self-tanned earlier in the month, I found that my concealers were too light. I wanted to get a slightly darker concealer, in a small amount. Check. I also can't remember why I purchased and returned Fair over a year ago.
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss in Grape Jelly: The fifth and final purchase from the new releases; look for a review on Friday/Saturday (I have it about 80% written/photographed but can't remember what day I'm posting it on).
  • Urban Decay Subversion Primer: I literally had this on my shopping list because it's time to say good-bye to my current tube. Perfectly timed coupon
  • Tarte Shape Tape Concealer in Light: Yes, I now own 3 shades of this concealer (Fair, Fair Beige, and Light if you're counting). When I was self-tanned, I missed this so badly that I wanted to purchase a slightly darker shade. That's love.
  • Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Smoldering Satin: This is the next-to-last shade I needed to purchase. Look for me to feature all 15 on the site soon.
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit in Fair: This is an item I was interested in, and wanted to put to test for the blog.
  • Tarte CC Undereye Concealer in Light/Medium: I've almost finished my second? third? one of these and it's a staple product for me. Easy purchase.

If the theme isn't prevalent, let me explain. Three of eight products were straight repurchase/restock. Only one of eight was an entirely new product to me, as I owned four of eight products in a different shade at some point.

This is what I do during these sales- repurchase items I'm almost out of or other shades of products I like. Does anyone else do this-skip on new items largely to restock?

What did you get, or what are you planning to get with your 20% off?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.