Friday, February 26, 2016

Burberry Spring/Summer 2016 Runway Highlighter Palette




I'm so glad that this was brought back in wide release so that I can talk about this with you. Keep an eye out on Burberry's site, Nordstrom, Sephora, and Saks for the most recent inventory. I bought mine at my local Burberry boutique.



Burrberry released two limited edition highlighter palettes for Spring/Summer 2016. Since I have so many light gold highlighters, I went for the white shade (#01). These highlighters retail for $68 (ouch!) and weigh in at 0.5g.

The compact is the same as Burberry's quads and blushes.



It has a nice velvet sleeve, with a pocket.



In that pocket is a small brush. Not my tool of choice for a highlighter, but it could be used for travel or in an emergency. And any true makeup lover knows that highlighter emergencies happen.



First, let's take a moment to appreciate the small details. From the plastic lace sleeve on the palette to the embossed lace on the highlighter, this is a true collector's item.


Take a close look at that sleeve.  Now, look at the pan.  Burberry simply nails the details.





Seriously, this one is almost too pretty to swatch.

In terms of a white highlighter, this one seems to be a chameleon. It's far more metallic simply swatched, but buffs out to a luminous glow.



This might be the season for the white highlighter- and this pale diva is loving it. I pulled two of my other white highlighters to give a real comparison.



When comparing the three recently-released white highlighters, we can set aside the white half of Chanel Perles et Fantaisies immediately. It's more of a sheen than a metallic highlighter and the most natural of the trio.




Both the Burberry Runway highlighter and Becca Pearl are metallic.  Burberry is a little more metallic and bright than Becca Pearl. It's also more sparkly in real life. It pulls more silver than Becca Pearl. Unfortunately I passed on the silver Chanel highlighter from holiday a couple of years ago, so I can't compare the two to see if I could tease the silver bits out of the Burberry.

Although they're all different, if the price tag of the Burberry scares you off, a buffed-out Burberry and buffed-out Becca will be close enough. If you're a hard-core highlighter fiend, go check it out. This is an incredible collector's piece.

I'll leave you with one more photo of this gorgeous highlighter.


Did you buy either of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.