Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Lancome Bridal Collection




Lancome recently confused the heck out of its North American customers by sort-of releasing a 2015 Bridal collection. I say sort-of because several of the items are being used as fill-ins for Spring 2016 since Lancome decided not to bring the full Spring line here. Bridal collection was online only.

Confused? Don't worry, so am I.

I have two of the Bridal Collection items also being showcased with Spring 2016 for you today: Rose Lilas Lip Lover and Lilas Twist Nail Polish.

Let's start with nails.



Lancome Vernis in Love #396 Lilas Twist ($15.50)  is a mid-toned purple with warm leanings. It's the dark purple shade that truly looks out of place with the Spring displays.

I feel like Lancome's nail polishes are underrated. They apply like a dream, self-level, and last for days on me. They'd probably last for a week on the average woman.

I have to admit that I'm a little confused at promoting this color for brides, but I guess it's 2016 and all that jazz. It's certainly not demure and traditional. I do love it though. It's a perfect transition color for fall and that pre-spring time that we're currently in.



There are only 2 coats on my nails (what?!?) plus top coat in these shots. As I said, Lancome's formula is awesome. Lilas Twist is a keeper.

Now, my favorite product on the market: Bridal Lip Lover Rose Lilas #403.


It's no secret on this blog that I am truly obsessed with Lip Lovers. I own every single shade released in the world except for the 3 new LE shades from Spring 2016 not launched in the US. But don't worry, somehow I will get those as well. Readers, if you have any ideas, please let me know.



Lip Lovers are balmy, glossy, and do the liquid lipstick/balm/gloss hybrid best in the market, in my opinion. Rose Lilas is a cool-toned pink, more like the traditional pink colors you'd traditionally associate with brides.



Oh so pretty, right? It lasts for a few hours on me (sorry, I drink so frequently that I can't truly test wear) and is a natural flush. I can see it living in my bag all spring.

I just wish Lancome hadn't tried to confuse us!  Have you picked anything up from this collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.