Monday, February 8, 2016

MAC Monday: MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly



Welcome to the first MAC Monday! Even though I'm not particularly happy with MAC's Customer Service right now (they're fastidiously ignoring multiple emails from me despite others getting assistance within several hours on this very topic), I'm going to reluctantly go ahead with this feature as planned.

Every Monday I'll show you one of my favorite products from MAC's permanent collection. If you're even thinking of doing MAC Select, do that before making a single purchase because there is no retroactive credit. I got that off my chest.



I'm starting today with MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly, something I consider a staple. It contains 0.17oz and retails for $22. MAC describes Painterly as "nude beige", something that I'd agree with. Painterly is a matte shadow, which is somewhat unique for a cream shadow.





Painterly is a fabulous shade to have in your basic kit. I use it in one of several ways.

  1.  It's awesome as a smoothing base for other powder shadows. If you have any pigmentation issues with your lids, it provides a nude, uniform base.
  2. All of MAC's Paint Pots are awesome as bases to anchor other MAC shadows. Adding Painterly into my routine upped my wear time on any shadow by a significant amount of time.
  3. I also adore Painterly for a totally mod, dramatic look. I pair Painterly with a heavy, graphic black liner and false lashes for an a dramatic eye.

Here's Painterly against my NW15 skin. It's basic, but a true makeup bag staple. More often than not, it's a part of the glue holding my look together.



That's it for MAC Monday for this week.  I took photos of my comparison swatches for my first two Chanel Pro Longwear Vernis shades, just editing so I can post later today. Look for that later today.  I did manage to get the rest of the swatches done that I needed to do (yay!), so I have Rouge Essentiel on my nails along with Le Gel Coat. I'll be monitoring the wear time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.