Saturday, September 30, 2017

A Sneaky Favorite: The MAC Girls Collection

I know this is old news, but I wanted to share some of my thoughts on the sneakiest collection that has grabbed my heart as of late: the MAC Girls Collection.

Unlike prior releases, MAC announced that this collection will be periodically restocked for the next six months or so- so if you've missed out, you've got time. I've been playing with these for the last month or so and adore them. I purchased two from Nordstrom and the other three from Ulta. They each retail for $39.50. Be warned if you purchase one- you'll want them all.

Dear MAC, thank you for bringing back awesome palettes. Quite often, MAC palettes are subpar but these? They're stunning.

Each of these come with eight pans of eyeshadow and one highlighter. I won't hide my opinion- these are some of MAC's best palettes in years. I'll excuse the plastic overlay. That says a lot.

Given that these have been out for awhile, I'm going to keep it short and sweet on each. I own five of the six; I didn't purchase the red/purple/pink palette.



Prissy Princess was the first one that I picked up because I was really using the heck out of Marc Jacobs The Lolita palette and realized that I wanted a cool/neutral palette.


These colors just called to my light, pink, cool complexion.

One of the interesting things about this line (that I hate, to be honest) is the plastic overlay with the shade names written on it.


Let me share some swatches- which I've labelled for you as well.


This one has been perfect for work. Too Good to be True is gorgeous on the lid foiled. I adore this for everyday, effortless looks. Some people might find this a bit boring, but it's perfection in a conservative workplace. Pigmentation is gorgeous across the board, and the highlighter just works.

Following how much I loved Prissy Princess, I picked up Power Hungry.


This golden palette just gives itself away from the start.


Yes, I do get a lot of usage out of a golden neutral palette. These shades are gorgeous and buttery.


I have actual dips going on in Something's Fishy and Winsome Lose Some- they're a perfect foiled lid combo. Gimme That! is such a pretty golden highlighter.


So pretty, right? Another wonderful, work-appropriate palette. I don't feel power hungry when I'm wearing these shades, but they work perfectly with work attire.

Next up, I got my hands on the palette that the internet went crazy for initially- Basic Bitch.


If these cool-toned shades that can produce a smoky eye make me basic, sign me up. Heck, I'll gladly drink my PSL while wearing this.


This is another of my favorites. I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but this palette just does it for me.


Take a look at these swatches- especially that first shadow. It's an incredible lid shade and sold me on the entire thing. That said, this is such a breath of fresh air among all of the warm palettes.



Those first two shades really sell it for me, and I also adore the highlight.

When picking up Basic Bitch from Nordstrom, I finally saw the collection in person. One of the shades in Rockin' Rebel caught my eye.


If you knew me well, you'd know exactly which shade it is.


Guessed yet?  It's Bikers & Babes.


These bright shades really were fun for the end of summer, but this was released a bit late for me. I'll have more fun with this next summer.


It's gorgeous though, right?

The final palette (which I swore I wouldn't buy) that I bought is Mischief Minx.


This is the on-trend warm palette that's just like so many that I own already.


It was my fabulous experience with the others that made me buy it. I am happy that I've purchased it though.

The top of my camera says hi!
Here's the swatches:



Yes, Flaming Femme is a bit patchy. The others are great though! This is the newest one to my collection, and I've been overwhelmed with new palettes. However, I look forward to really digging in because these are wearable and lovely.

Bottom Line: I highly recommend finding your personality palette (or two or three or five) because these are some of the best palettes that MAC has released in years. They honestly made me remember how much I love MAC shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.