Sunday, September 3, 2017

Sunday Dreaming: Ulta 21 Days of Beauty Edition Week One

I'm officially #old.

When I retrieved my Ulta flyer from the mail and literally found myself getting excited about digging into it, I had a sudden series of childhood memories.



It's the 2017 version of waiting for the Sears or JCPenney Christmas catalog- complete with making a list, circling items. Anyone else remember that? I love the 21 Days of Beauty. For the next 3 weeks, I plan to share my picks from the sale- and what I'm planning to pick up. Please note I know everyone under the sun is doing these posts/videos right now and I've not watched any of them so you get my thoughts.


QBB Shops Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty, Week One:

Day One/September 3, 2017: In-store: It Cosmetics Brow Power Super Skinny $12 (50% off); Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum $44 (50% off) Online: Estee Lauder Pure Color Love Lipstick $11 (50% off)

QBB Says: I'm passing this day. A huge caveat to this week is that I'm going to be extremely picky because I just had to do some serious adulting financially. I haven't heard much about that It Cometics brow pencil and would advise just going for either L'Oreal or ABH. I'm extremely sensitive to retinols, so I can't speak to the Murad serum. I also was highly unimpressed with the EL lipsticks when I swatched the line in-store a few weeks ago.

Day Two/September 4, 2017: In-store: Buxom Plumpline Lip Liner $8.50 (50% off), bareMinerals Mineral  Veil Finishing Powder $11.50 (50% off) Online: Mally Evercolor Shadow Stick Extra $12.50 (50% off), Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar or Hope in a Jar 2oz $19.50 (50% off)

QBB Says: I thought seriously about purchasing the Buxom liner because I'm interested in trying the formula, but then I went and looked at my liner collection.

Day Three/September 5, 2017: In-store: Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel $7 (50% off), Pur Primers $16.50 (50% off) Online: Butter London Sheer Wisdom Lip Oil $11 (50% off)

QBB Says: Today is another day that doesn't excite me. None of these are products that I've personally tried or heard fantastic buzz about.

Day Four/September 6, 2017: In-store: Tarte Double Duty Beauty Lip Sculptor Double Ended Lipstick/Lipgloss $10 (regular $24), Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels $7.50 (50% off) Online: First Aid Beauty Ready, Set, Hydrate! Kit $22 (50% off)

QBB Says: Finally, a day that interests me. I think I'll probably pick up a couple of the Tarte lipstick/glosses because I like the formulas. I'm somewhat intrigued by the Skyn Iceland Eye Gels, but I've got so many eye masks that it's not something I need right now. If you have sensitive skin, I highly recommend the FAB set.

Day Five/September 7, 2017: In-store: Too Faced Sketch Marker Liquid Liner $10 (50% off), Exuviance Age Reverse Introductory Collection $20 (50% off) Online: Cargo Mascaras 50% off

QBB Says: I think the Too Faced liners are the pick here for the day. I know these were released in a huge color assortment, but I haven't really seen/heard a lot about them. I suspect they may not be the best because of that- but at $10 I'll pick up a black liner and a colored one just to try.

Day Six/September 8, 2017: In-store: Urban Decay Naked Flushed $17 (50% off), Perricone MD Cold Plasma 50% off Online: Ofra Select Highlighters 50% off

QBB Says: Sign me up for Ofra Highlighters at 50% off. I took a quick peek, and I think Beverly Hills is the only one that will be on sale that I don't have. These are blinding. I'm neutral on the UD palette- I may pick one up, but since I've never been intrigued in the past. If you're looking for an excellent skincare line, check out the Perricone MD products on sale.

Day Seven/September 9, 2017: In-store: Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash $12 (50% off), Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash $14 (50% off) Online: CoverFX Perfect Setting Powder $17.50 (50% off)

QBB Says: I'll be picking up the CoverFX setting powder. I know many people love the Roller Lash (I'm not one of them) but it might be worth picking up today.



What I'm planning to pick up from Week One: Tarte Double Duty Beauty Lip Sculptor Lip Gloss/Lipstick (September 6), Too Faced Sketch Marker Liquid Eyeliner (September 7), Ofra Highlighters (September 8), CoverFX Setting Powder (September 9)


What are you planning to pick up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.