Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Too Faced I Want Kandee Collection

Call it the power of suggestive advertising and excellent product placement. I was planning to skip the new Too Faced x Kandee Johnson collab collection (exclusively at Ulta and TooFaced.com), but I got sucked into swatching and playing with the collection since it was the first thing I saw walking into Ulta.

Well done, Too Faced. Ya got me.

Although you likely already know, there is one eyeshadow palette, one cream highlighter, one banana powder, one liquid liner, and four melted matte liquid lipsticks in the collection.

I will say that I actually restrained myself to two selections: the Too Faced I Want Kandee Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick in Freshly Baked ($21) and the Too Faced I Want Kandee Candy Liner ($18).


Let's start with the Melted Matte liquid lipstick. One of the reasons I picked up this product is because I've been side-eyeing the line every time I go to Ulta. I've wanted to try it but didn't like the lighter shades. Freshly Baked seemed to exactly what I was looking for.



With the Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Matte Longwear Lipsticks, you get 7ml/0.23fl oz of product. It also comes with an angled applicator.



Notice the small details that are different from the permanent collection- like the cap itself.



Now, let's talk about Freshly Baked. I feel incredibly guilty sharing this with you since intermittently it's sold out on Ulta's website- but it was still available at my local Ulta in-store. Freshly Baked is a MLBB matte dusty rose according to the website.

I agree.



This whole collection is totally scented like candy.

Here's what it looks like on my lips, freshly applied:



I also decided to give the formula a wear test. Here's my first check-in on my iphone:


It does look lovely in flat outdoor light, right? This is totally an office-friendly shade- something I was looking for!

Next, I decided to play with eating and drinking. This does transfer a bit:

Yes, that's my laptop and blog in the background.


After drinking, it still looked pretty darned good. And not just because it's close to my natural lip color.

Now, the ultimate test- does it hold up to eating? I decided to put it up against a formidable foe- Chipotle.

And the results? This is blurry but you get it. I'll also mention that I could taste something sweet on my lips while I was eating. Interesting.



Fail.

Still, I really like the formula, it didn't kill my lips, and it held up pretty well. I could manage this with a single reapplication at lunchtime at work.

So, in summary- this lipstick didn't kill my lips (but the ABH primer probably helped a ton). Does it hold up to drinking? Yes. Chipotle? Hell no.

I'm toying with picking up Sweet and Sour, the orangey-red shade. I'll also be unafraid to try the rest of the line now!

Now, let's talk about the other product I picked up The I Want Kandee Candy Liner Black Licorice Liquid Eyeliner.

You get 3ml/0.1fl oz of product in the liquid eyeliner.



Real talk time. I suck at winged liner- and at liner in general. I could blame that on my hands being a bit unsteady, or on the fact that my eyesight is so poor that without glasses I'd be considered legally blind. But no- time to woman up and just say that I suck at it. I've been working at it though.

Normally I hate brush-tip liners. But it's the shape of this one that pulled me in.



This is supposed to make winged liner easier. I need anything that would make it easier for me.

I played with this for a few days, mostly right before I was ready to take off my makeup. It took a bit, but I think this is a great liner. It did improve my wings.

Here's a swatch:



It's quite an inky black, so I wholeheartedly approve. It also doesn't bleed on the eyes, either. One warning: it's not matte; it's quite shiny.

Bottom Line: I'm quite happy at my impulse purchases, and these formulas are great. I won't be as apprehensive to purchase Too Faced special collections in the future.

As a bonus, here's an iphone collection swatch on my hand in Ulta when I was debating between products:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.