Thursday, September 21, 2017

NOTD: Sinful Colors Liquid Iris

Hold up, what?

That's right, I'm kicking it old school and bringing back a NOTD (nail of the day)- at least for today. When I was at my local Rite Aid, I spotted Sinful Colors' Fall 2017 Faceted Illusions Collection (not yet on the brand's website) sitting amongst the other new LE displays.



One of the polihes caught my eye.

Liquid Iris really seemed in the same vein as the shade in the new OPI collection that keeps calling my name but I'm trying not to buy more nail polish (we'll talk about my collection in another post). All of the polishes on the display have a sticker that says "limited time Iridescent Color" on them- and they're $2.99 each.Yes, all of the shades have an iridescent shimmer in them.



I only purchased one, Liquid Iris. What a crazy thing for me.







It looks like a deep cobalt blue that leans purple in the bottle, and has some lighter flecks in it. I'd call it a proper blurple, depending on the lighting. It builds more towards blue with each additional coat.





It's a good formula- not too thin, not too gloopy. One coat provides decent coverage:


It's fully opaque with two coats:



But I went for that third coat as per usual in the final look:



Overall, this polish punches well above its $2.99 pricetag. It's funny, I miss writing about nail polish. I don't miss obsessing over my nails since they're rarely perfect. Confession: I hurried up and photographed my left hand even before I'd finished the right because I was afraid of messing them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.