Saturday, September 30, 2017

Dose of Colors Mint for You Collection

I have a confession: I haven't been totally honest with you. I've been holding out about one of my newly-discovered favorite brands. I've done one post, but the frequency that these products show up on my face doesn't correspond with the love I've given on this blog. That stops today.


I recently purchased two products from Dose of Colors' Mint for You Collection from Ulta. This limited edition collection consisted of three eye products, two blushes, two liquid lipsticks, and a makeup bag.  I've got one of the two blushes and one of the two liquid lipsticks to share with you. If these colors appeal to you, I suggest jumping on them quickly!

Quick aside- the mint is just beautiful. Just putting that out there.

Let's start with the first product I was curious about- the StateMint Blush.


For $22, you get a paraben-free, talc-free, cruelty free blush that weighs in at 5.1g/0.18oz.


The packaging is plastic but sturdy. I chose StateMint, a gorgeous warm light pink. Take a look at the pan:


This type of blush is my weakness- I love these light pinks that look totally natural on my cool, pale complexion. I've been wearing this 3-4 days per week since I purchased it and have actually been pulling out similar shades because I remembered just how lovely they look on me.


It's soft but buildable- but this one's best suited for light to medium complexions. The other shade (a peach) would probably be better for darker complexions. I've been trying not to order it.

I find this is lovely with any number of tools- from goat brushes to synthetic, this blends flawlessly and just looks natural on me. I find this formula to last through the workday- and it's going to be a workhorse in my collection. I hope that the brand puts out additional blushes in the future if they're this quality!

Now, onto the liquid lipstick.


Dose of Colors is known for their matte liquid lipsticks, and they're one of my top three formulas.


I chose the darker shade of the two- Mintea. For $18, you receive 4.5g/0.16oz of product.

This looks like it'd be a lovely spicy nudey blush. Even the swatch looks promising.


So here's the deal. This color looks awful on my lips- even with foundation down as a base. It's quite streaky- something that isn't presence in a number of their other shades.

This is the best I could do with two layers and in front of studio lights- which pull it slightly lighter.


It's too hard for me to work with, but perhaps it'll work well for you. For me, the blush is the star of the collection.

I know this was a short little post today but I wanted to feature this pair before they were out of stock for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.