Saturday, September 2, 2017

#ProjectUseThemALL July-August 2017 Update

Before the laptop death, I was working on my July post, so I'm going to include that info. I made huge strides in August, mostly because I mainly laid off new palettes (I think I bought five- four of the MAC Girls and the ABH Subculture Palette)

July 2017:

I'll readily admit that July was a bit rough for me in terms of #ProjectUseThemALL because I got distracted with all of the new things that I've been playing with and reviewing on the blog. Exactly the opposite of what I was hoping would happen.

Since I've been hauling so many palettes, I wanted to give myself credit. I started with 156 palettes mid-May and I've crept up to 165. And that's not all of the palettes I've gotten (for example, Boxycharm palettes aren't on there!)

Rolling into July, here were our stats (remember, new palettes aren't being counted since it's those currently in my stash I'd like to use!):

Date Project Started: May 15, 2017                 Number of Palettes Currently in Project: 157
Date of Last Update: June 25, 2017                   Number of Palettes Used: 42
Number of Palettes Initially Included: 156        Number of Palettes Remaining: 115

I have to admit that July was a bit of a bust. I didn't meet my goal (getting it under 100), but barely. I was at 102 ending July.

Now, onto August.  I really did well. Saving money did me well.

Date Project Started: May 15, 2017                 Number of Palettes Currently in Project: 165
Date of Last Update: August 28, 2017                   Number of Palettes Used: 87
Number of Palettes Initially Included: 156        Number of Palettes Remaining: 78


There are 122 days between September 1 and December 31. I've got 78 palettes to use. That's 0.63 palettes per day. Let's look at it another way. There are 18 weeks left of 2017. I need to use an average of 4.33 palettes per week. Looking at what's left, I did a bit of sorting:


Neutral/Work Palettes:
Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette by Mario
Burberry No. 25 Gold
Chanel Signe Particulier
Chanel Tisse Camelia
Chanel Tisse D'Automne
Chanel Tisse Rivoli
Charlotte Tilbury The Uptown Girl
CoverGirl TruNaked Goldens
CoverGirl TruNaked Roses
Dior Cuir Cannage
Dior Golden Reflections
Dior Golden Shock
Fiona Stiles Canyon
Giorgio Armani Luxe is More
Giorgio Armani Orient Express
Laura Geller Delicious Shades of Cool
Laura Geller Delicious Shades of Nude
Laura Geller Smokey Neutrals
Laura Mercier Artist's Palette
LORAC Enchanting Elegance
LORAC Refined Romance
LORAC Tails & Top Hats
LORAC Unzipped
LORAC Unzipped Gold
MAC Enchanted Eye & Face- Cool
MAC Nordstrom x 15
MAC Nordstrom C'est Chic x 15
MAC Smoky Rose x 9
Milani Everyday Eyes- Bare Necessities
Milani Everyday Eyes- Earthy Naturals
Milani Everyday Eyes- Must Have Naturals
NARS Custom Depot Eyeshadow Palette
NYX Custom Palette
Pur Revolution
Stila In the Light
Tarte Tartelette Tease
Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage
Tom Ford Cognac Sable
Tom Ford In the Pink
Tom Ford Lavender Lust
Tom Ford Nude Dip
Tom Ford Raw Jade
Tom Ford She Wolf
Urban Decay Naked 3
Urban Decay Naked Smoky
Viseart Theory Palette 4 Amethyst
Wet n Wild Comfort Zone
YSL Palette Fetiche
Zoeva En Taupe

Colorful Palettes:
BH Cosmetics Supernova
Chanel Tisse Paris
Chanel Tisse Rhapsodie
Chanel Tisse Venitien
CoverGirl TruNaked Jewels
Dior Petal Shine
Fiona Stiles Electra
Kat Von D Interstellar
Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Quad- Plum
LORAC California Dreaming
MAC Flamingo Park x 9
MAC Navy x 9
MAC Pastel x 9
MAC Purple x 9
Marc Jacobs The Free Spirit
Marc Jacobs The Vamp
Milani Everyday Eyes- Smoky Essentials
Milani Everyday Eyes- Vital Brights
Naked Cosmetics Trio
NYX Custom Prismatics Palette
Pur Trolls
Revolution Makeup Unicorn Love
Tom Ford Crushed Indigo
Tom Ford Emerald Lust
Too Faced Cat Eyes
Too Faced Rock 'n Roll
Urban Decay Moondust
Urban Decay Urban Spectrum


I think the colorful palettes might be tough for me. Getting through all of those work-friendly palettes will be easy but it's items like the Moondust palette that perplex me. Hmmm... time to go grab one of those crazier ones and pop it on my lids ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.