Thursday, September 21, 2017

Andalou Naturals Micellar One Step Facial Cleansing Swipes



Admittedly I don't review that many skincare items, let alone makeup removing wipes. But I'm making an exception for this new product- the Andalou Naturals Micellar One Step Facial Cleansing Swipes.

I purchased mine for $6.99 in-store at a local Walgreens in the Sensitive version- with Rose Stem Cells. I got a two-pack for that price- the 35-count main pack and an additional 12-pack as a GWP.



Andalou Naturals is a brand that I first became acquainted with on Amazon. My skin adores rose products, and with the brand's affordable price tag I was intrigued. Since discovering the brand, I've tried a few of the rose products. Checking my Amazon history, I've purchased and used several items- the 1000 Roses Cleansing Sensitive Foam (Still in my medicine cabinet for winter cleansing), the 1000 Roses Moroccan Beauty Oil (Put away when I was gifted the Laura Mercier rose oil), and I know I've tried the 1000 Roses Hair Mask, the sheet mask, and have one of the single-use mask pods in my mask drawer to try. I feel like I've tried some of their day/night creams, and I know I've given some of their body products as gifts to my mother, who also loves roses. (Side note: my skin responds so well to roses, whereas she loves the scents and it reminds her of my father who used to keep a rose garden for her.) Since discovering the brand on Amazon, I've ran into products at Ulta, Walgreens, Target, TJMaxx, Whole Foods, and possibly CVS. I just didn't know about these wipes.

I don't usually use wipes on my face, aside from cleaning up my eye makeup. However, I use them daily for that purpose, and for swatching.

One other quick word on the brand and these cloths before we go in-depth- this is a non-GMO brand that's vegan and claims to be cruelty free. I especially appreciated the following:


I'm certainly the last person to talk about being eco-friendly, but knowing these wipes are biodegradable made me feel a little better about my choice. I already know I'm going to eco-hell for my Keurig, so if I can make other trade-offs like my Prius and trying to choose environmentally friendly products when possible I hope the two will balance in the end.





This isn't my first rodeo with rose-infused cleansing wipes. I've tried two others: the Sephora Collection ones and a random pack from TJMaxx (which were awful). I really liked the Sephora Collection ones but found $7.50 per pack too pricey for wipes for me. (I tend towards the Ole Henriksen ones at TJMaxx for $4.99 for eye makeup cleanup and alternate between the Walmart generic for the Neutrogena Nighttime wipes or Yes to Blueberries for swatching).

Let's talk ingredients. This is what pushed me over the edge.



Let's talk our way through the top 10 in this list, since they're in order of their concentration in the product. Ingredient 1: Organic Aloe Leaf Juice. Yes! Ingredient 2: Purified Water. Ingredient 3: Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate (According to EWG, it's an emulsifier), Ingredient 4: Plant Stem Cells (Alpine Rose, Malus Domestica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive Berry Complex (Organic), Ingredient 5: Ethyl Macadamiate (essentially macadamia nut oil), Ingredient 6: Tocopherol (Skin conditioner, related to Vitamin E), Ingredient 7: Soothing Complex (Sodium Hyaluronate, Magnolia Offcinalis Bark Extract, Boswellia Serrata (Boswellin) Extract), Ingredient 8: Punica Granatum  (Pomegranate) Fruit Extract- Organic, Ingredient 9: Rosa Damascena (Rose) Distillate- Organic, Ingredient 10: Sucrose Cocoate (derivative of coconut oil, skin conditioning agent)

So out of a Top 10, I recognized 6 of 10 ingredients. I will flag the Ethyl Macadamiate for those with tree nut allergies as a potential issue.

This list looks to be well above-average in terms of "things I know are good for my skin," hence why I was happy to actually give this an actual on-the-face test.



These aren't the most effective wipes, but I really enjoy them. I don't feel like I'm ripping up my face in any way.

This is what the individual wipe looks like:


Bottom Line: I really like using a better-for-me brand of wipes on my face, although I don't like using these for removing swatches. I mostly use wipes for removing swatches and for eye-area cleanup these days. It's the second area where I think these really excel. I've actually purchased a second packet of them- that's how much I like them. I wouldn't seek them out, but if you find these locally they're a nice add to your cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.