Friday, September 1, 2017

Viseart Friday: Petit Pro Palette

Before the demise of my computer, I shot a bunch of photos with the intention of starting a new series on the blog- Viseart Friday.  I can't promise these will be every Friday, nor will I have perfect photos since I'll be re-shooting the products I already own. Sadly, this was the only post where I'd uploaded the edited photos. And I'd edited all of them already.... it makes me want to cry.

Still, I want to take the time to dig deep into one of my favorite eyeshadow brands. Please forgive that the palettes look loved. Given the price point, I figured that an honest review from someone buying all of the products would be useful. As of the posting of this review, I own the Petit Pro ($30), all five Theory Palettes ($45), and six of the ten eyeshadow palettes ($80 each). I tend to buy mine from Beautylish- and in groups. Although I can afford them as I go, it's nice to place a large order and do the 3 payment option. My next purchase is likely to have the rest of the Viseart palettes, and then  I'm going to work on my other pricey palette collection. I'll let you fill in the blanks.

Back to Viseart. Eventually I plan to try the other products from the brand for face, but for now it's all about the shadows for me. If you were to tell me I could only have one brand in my collection for the rest of my life, I'd pick Viseart without any hesitation.

That says a lot.






Viseart has quickly become one of my new favorite brands despite trying to resist it for a long time. These are pricey yet high quality products.



Let's dip our toes in with the entry drug- the Petit Pro palette, which contains 8 shadows for $30. Like the Theory palettes and unlike the 12-pan palettes, this is a 50/50 matte/shimmer split. It was my first foray into the brand and what hooked me

All of the packaging is minimalist. If you're looking for flashy packaging, this isn't your brand. This brand focuses on the performance of the product inside the cardboard package- and it's geared towards pros. I'm just so happy it's carried at Sephora and Beautylish since that's how I learned about the brand.



All of these pans are removable and can be put in a magnetic palette. I don't do that to my Viseart palettes, but it's something that can be done.


All of the shadows in the Petit Pro and the Theory palettes have a little plastic overlay that helps to keep the palette clean:




OK, let's take a closer look at these. Honestly, the sky's the limit with this selection.



In the top row, you've got a gorgeous cream matte, a perfectly neutral-to-cool transition matte, a beautiful burgundy matte that can be sheered out, and a deep brown matte. The bottom row has a taupey shimmer, a gorgeous gold, a coppery rose gold, and a purple shimmer. Purple is a tricky color to nail but this brand does it exceptionally well.



I just wanted to show the brush that I used to swatch. Now, here are some swatches:


I promise that the cream's there- it's just about my skintone (naturally between NW13-15). Look at the pigmentation- these are all one swipe. I've gone a week with just this before and haven't felt deprived. These are the best shadows on the market in my opinion. They pretty much blend themselves, last all day, and are glorious.

If you haven't tried anything from the brand, don't those swatches and the low price point of $30 call to you? That's how I got hooked.

I'm looking forward to sharing my love of this brand with you... probably not every Friday, but at least twice a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.