Sunday, September 3, 2017

Wet 'n Wild Midnight Mermaid Collection Part II

Confession: I hate super-long blog posts. And when my initial post about this collection was getting hella long, I had to cut it in half. As a reminder, we're talking about Wet 'n Wild's Fall 2017 Midnight Mermaid Collection, in the order of how much I love these products. (With the exception of the final product, it's such a win overall). You should be seeing displays at your local Walgreens- that's where I found these products.


But next time, just get the box.



3. Megalast Liquid Catsuit Metallic Matte Liquid Lipsticks ($4.99 each)

I don't think I've featured the Liquid Catsuits on my blog before, but I own quite a few of them. It's one of the better drugstore formulas, so I was curious about how they'd do with funky colored metallics. You get the wine-colored Harbor a Crush, coppery Coral Crown, emerald green Siren's Jewel, and navy Sea Seduction. like the regular line, you get 0.20oz/5.7g of product.



Let's go in order of what I initially thought would be most-least wearable in my mind.

At first, I was settled on only buying Harbor a Crush, since I adore metallic wine shades. I'm also trying a new photo array here to save space.


It's a glorious shade, but formula-wise it was the worst of the lot. Had I not purchased a second shade with this, I wouldn't have tried others. It took two full layers to get the final look. I'll be wearing this more this fall for sure!

Next up, the coppery Coral Crown.


This was the second shade I initially purchased and it's probably my favorite of the four. I didn't think it would be wearable, but it's glorious. The formula is also amazing- it's so pigmented and not patchy in the slightest. I'm not sure what was up with the wine-colored one-but that's the only dud in the patchy department. I can't wait to incorporate it this fall.

I only purchased Siren's Jewel to test the formula, to be honest.


It's beautiful and pigmented and a dream to work with. If I were to wear a green lipstick, this would be it. Stunning.

I thought Sea Seduction might be a nice alternative to black.


It's gorgeous. And the formula's great if you're a blue lipstick wearer!

Overall, I find these metallic matte liquid lipsticks to be outstanding and far outperform the Milani ones I have.


4. Megalast Megaliner Metallic Liquid Eyeliner ($3.99 each)


And now, the Megalast Megaliner Metallic Liquid Eyeliners. These brush-tip liquid liners are a part of the regular lineup, but this collection has three LE metallic shades. There are three shades: green Sea Symmetry, blue Sea Dreams, and silvery grey Trident's Shimmer. You get 0.12fl oz/3.5ml of product.

Sea Symmetry is the color that I bought just to finish out the collection:


I think Sea Dreams may be the shade on the promo photo:


Trident's Shimmer is usually up my alley:


OK, now that I've shown all three shades let's talk about my issues with the product. I find them patchy and skip a lot. I do have a huge bias against brush-tip liners, so I should state that up front. I've used these liners in the permanent collection, and I do know how to use brush tip liners. I just struggled with these- and they don't apply well to the eye. These are the dud of the collection, IMO.


Those are the most perfect swatches I could get, so you get the idea. They're pretty though.

Bottom Line: Wet 'n Wild killed it with this whole collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.