Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Guerlain Meteorites Birthday Candle Pearls

I have a dirty little (expensive) secret I've been keeping from you, dear readers.

I'm a ball-a-holic.

No, wait, that came out wrong. Unless you were a frequenter of that thread in the old school Specktra forums. Then, welcome!

What I meant to say is that I've been honest about my nail polish hoarding, my taste for pricey lipsticks and makeup... but somehow even though I've blogged on and off for four years I've never mentioned that I'm obsessed with Guerlain Meteorites.

Part of my Meteorites collection PART.


Perhaps it's because I'm slightly embarassed to collect hand-rolled balls of powder that retail for $62 each? I'll explain why I love these after I talk about the latest LE release- the Meteorites Birthday Candle Pearls. As of writing this review, they're still available at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Dillard's.



For your $62, you get the latest limited edition release that celebrates the 30th anniversary of the Meteorites- and whose case reportedly is similar to the original.



Let me take a minute to talk about why I love this product. It's a lovely finishing powder, but more than anything else, it just makes you feel good using it. There's something reminiscent of a forgotten era when you swirl your brush into one of these tins.


I like the effect that these finishing powders produce, but I also love the way they make me feel. And that's worth every penny.

According to the brand, this iteration contains "gold pearls to fight dullness, pink pearls to reveal glow, and champagne and white pearls to reflect the light."



It's almost impossible to show a real impact on the face, so I'll just show you how shiny my hand is. These are glowy.


When these are blended out, they don't look powdery on the face.

Still I kept thinking that these reminded me of some other versions in my collection. I pulled a few close comparisons;


They're the closest to a glowier version of the old Teint Beige (which was reformulated into Medium and lavender added).

Bottom Line: I love these but I'm also a collector. They're close to a product likely in your collection, and I wouldn't necessarily recommend one of the glowier versions for the first set of Meteorites in your collection. The collector in me feels so happy to have these, and I've been enjoying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.