Saturday, September 2, 2017

Quickie Review: Kat Von D Shade & Light Eye Quads


Consider this a quickie review on these 4 quads- I mainly wanted to put out a few swatches and photos alongside my $0.02 as all four of these are on sale at Sephora right now for $15 each!

A wee bit strong on the studio lighting, but this is a quickie review and I wanted to get the pans to look as close to pristine as possible.


Going along with the whole Shade & Light line, there are four eyeshadow quads in the Kat Von D line- all of which are marketed as eye-contouring. Each quad comes with a base, define, contour, and highlight shade (from L-R); all shadows are matte. You get 1x2.63g pan and 3x1.15g pans. There are 4 versions- Plum, Rust, Sage, and Smoke.



I've owned Plum since last winter; I plucked Smoke from a local SiJCP clearance bin a couple of months ago and just got Rust and Sage. The formula is the standard KVD matte. It's good but not my HG.

Let's start with Plum:


This is a gorgeous warm-toned assortments of purples and pinks. They're just lovely on the eyes. Let me swatch:

Studio Lighting
Natural Lighting
This is very flattering to my blue eyes.

Next up, Rust.


It's a freaking gorgeous orangey brown quad. Enough said.

Studio Lighting
Natural Lighting
This is glorious with blue eyes- and I'll come back to this one.

Next up, Sage.


These cool-toned mattes and have a nice green pop.

Studio Lighting
Natural Lighting

Last up, Smoke.


These greys have a nice blue undertone as well.

Studio lighting was the most accurate

Yes, I know this is short and sweet but I wanted to share my initial thoughts and swatches while the palettes were still on sale!

You can use these alone, or layer with other shadows. I did this look with Rust and the Viseart Sultry Muse palette layered over on the lid the other day:


1. Stunning
2. I need to fix those brows, stat. But this was a 5:30AM photo, ok?

I think these are a great value at $15 each and totally worth adding to your colleciton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.