Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sunday Dreaming: QBB Breaks Down Ulta 21 Days of Beauty Week Three


Week Three: the Homestretch.

If you've seen either of my previous posts, you know what's about to happen. Let's get into the daily breakdowns of Week #3!


Week Three:

Day Fifteen/September 17, 2017: In-Store: Philosophy Time in a Bottle Serum $38 (50% off), Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector $15 (50% off) Online PLATINUM ONLY: Urban Decay Razor Sharp Longwear Liquid Eyeliner $11 (50% off)

QBB Says: I'm passing today as well. Not really a great start to Week Three, but this low buy is making me think twice before just buying everything. I've swatched the Becca before and it's really for medium or deep skintones- I'd recommend it for those readers. I also don't like the Urban Decay liner.

Day Sixteen/September 18, 2017: In-store: Lancome Auda(city) Palettes $34.50 (50% off), Shiseido Triple Task Masks $19 (50% off), Stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara $11.50 (50% off) Online: Not Into Aging Start Up Kit $10 (50% off)

QBB Says: I'll be passing this day, but highly recommend the Shiseido pack for those who haven't tried the brand's masks. The Lancome palettes might have tempted me before, but I'm so overwhelmed with palettes that I'm getting picky.

Day Seventeen/September 19, 2017: In-store: LORAC Front of the Line PRO Liquid Eyeliners or Eye Pencils $10 (regular $20-23), Algenist Retinol Firming & Lifting Serum $51 Online: Japonesque Makeup Setting Spray $14.50 (50% off)

QBB Says: I'll be passing this day, but if you're looking for a retinol serum I'd highly encourage looking at the Algenist.

Day Eighteen/September 20, 2017: In-store: Clinique Take the Day Off Eye Makeup Remover $9.50 (50% off), MAC Lipsticks- Velvet Teddy, Russian Red $8.75 (50% off) Online: Woosh Beauty Spin-on Lipgloss $8 (50% off)

QBB Says: It's like Ulta was answering my silent prayers. I can't find my Velvet Teddy, so I'll happily purchase another. Russian Red is a nice classic red but not my favorite. I'm also not that familiar with the Clinique makeup remover but know the balm is preferred to the liquid overall. I may still pick it up. I've watched a few reviews on the Woosh products and am sketpical about the spinning applicator.

Day Nineteen/September 21, 2017: In-store: Laura Geller Balance n Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation $16.50 (50% off), Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser $7.50 (50% off) Online: Meaningful Beauty Ulta Deluxe System $39.50 (50% off)

QBB Says: The Laura Geller powder foundation has been a featured product before- either 2 or 3 years ago. It's also my favorite discovery ever from 21 Days of Beauty. I've panned two of them. I'll be picking up a backup in Porcelain, and buying one in Light to put aside for next spring when I start self-tanning again. Although it's not for me, the Clarins is a nice way to see if this product will work for you.

Day Twenty/September 22, 2017: In-store: Tarte Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara $10 (regular $23), Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant $9 (50% off) Online: Dermadoctor 50% off

QBB Says: This is another strong day. I enjoy the Tarte mascara, so I'll likely pick up a tube. I think I've explained in the past that I tend to use mascaras for 1 month only, so I love picking up high-end tubes at drugstore prices. Although I'll be passing, I'm recommending the Demalogica scrub if you're in the market because the brand makes incredibly awesome products through and through. I just don't have a need right now.

Day Twenty-One/September 23, 2017: In-Store: Benefit Ka-BROW! $12 (50% off), Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum $22.50 (50% off) Online: Butter London Glazen Eye Gloss $12 (50% off)

QBB Says: The final day of 21 Days tends to be incredible, and this is no exception. I'll be purchasing two colors of Ka-Brow- which I adore. I'll also probably be buying the Eye Gloss after resisting for a long time. I don't recommend the Vitamin C due to the packaging.

What I'm Planning to Purchase from Week Three: MAC Lipstick (September 20), Laura Geller Balance n Brighten Baked Color Correcting Powder Foundation (September 21), Tarte Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara (September 22), Benefit Ka-Brow! Eyebrow Color (September 23), Butter London Glazen Eye Gloss (September 23)

What will you be picking up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.