Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Maybelline The City Mini Palette- 480 Matte About Town

First, I need to give credit where credit's due.

YouTuber Andrea Leigh first tipped me off in one of her videos to the existence of this palette. Remember when I initially speculated that there were other exclusives? Your girl was 50% right.

I have to share with you today Maybelline The City Mini Palettte #480 Matte About Town, a Walgreens exclusive.




Let's do a quick breakdown of Maybelline City Mini Palettes and what we know about them (I have all but one):


400 Rooftop Bronzes: Widely available at all retailers
410 Chill Brunch Neutrals: Widely available at all retailers
420 Urban Jungle: Widely available at all retailers
430 Downtown Sunrise: Widely available at all retailers
440 Concrete Runway: Widely available at all retailers
450 Graffiti Pop:Widely available at all retailers
460 Maybelline x Shayla Collab: Trying desperately to get my hands on it!
470 Girls Night Glimmer: Ulta exclusive- starting to pop up in some physical stores
480 Matte About Town: Walgreens Exclusive

If anyone knows of any other palettes, please let me know!



I'll be honest, I wasn't enthusiastic when I finally spotted this at one of my local Walgreens because I complained about the performance of the mattes in my initial review. Make it a set of neutral mattes and this was truly one of those "for the blog" purchases.



I don't know where this formula came from, but it's not the same patchy mattes that I struggled with.

Looking at these closer, yes, it's very subtle but it's a pretty palette.


The studio lighting is picking up on some non-existent shimmer. These really are mattes. Let's take a look at the swatches on my NW15 skin:


These are some of the better drugstore mattes I've tried, and I've been trying a lot as of late! If this formula had been on the other palettes I wouldn't have been muttering about the mattes so much! This is one of my favorite palettes in the whole collection- which I've tried aside from the Shayla collab. This palette is understated and perfect for my "no makeup" looks.

If you've got a local Walgreens, pick this up. Those swatches were with a single pass.

Bottom Line: Much improved formula and performance. Yes, they're quiet and light but they're just nice. I can't wait to see future releases with this formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.