Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector- Lilac Geode


Chalk this up to one of those purchases that was inevitable. I knew that this isn't necessarily my best shade, but I really love Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfectors. So when there was a small GWP offered during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty, I had to pick up the brand-new Ulta-exclusive shade- Lilac Geode.


It's the same size and price as the permanent collection ($38, 7g/0.25oz of product). Like many of the recent LE products, the outer ring reflects the shade rather than being the standard black/silver. I like it.

It also makes identifying the different Shimmering Skin Perfectors much easier. So thank you, Becca.

Let's talk shade. Lilac Geode is described as "cool pink with golden pearl finish." I find it to be a very warm pink- especially for something called Lilac.


It's stunning, isn't it? I love the textured design that Becca's been featuring as of late.

Now, the real question is if I can pull this off. My suspicion going in was that this is a highlighter for those with warm undertones- those for whom Prismatic Amethyst (which I need to get a backup of, stat) pulls chalky.

Here's a representative swatch:



OK, so it might be tough for me to do on the cheeks. Not surprised. By the way, it took artificial light to get it to photograph true to color.

I have to use the lightest of light hands on my cheeks. I use it more in the inner corner, particularly with the Lila Palette (oh yes, just wait for tomorrow).

Becca has been doing a lot of pinks and purples this past year. How does Lilac Geode compare?


Aren't they pretty? They're some of my favorites. OK, here's the swatch comparison:


They're all completely different and unique in my collection- and I'm happy to make Lilac Geode work with my extremely cool and fair complexion.

Do you need this? Go to your local Ulta and swatch in person. That's the best way to tell. We all own so many highlighters that highlighter's not a need at this point. I do like it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.