Tuesday, September 19, 2017

L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Liquid Lipsticks 372 Petal Devotion & 374 Kitten Paw



Back in late July, I featured the new L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Liquid Lipsticks on the blog for the first time, vowing that I'd eventually purchase more shades. I have, and will continue to do so.

In that post, I noted two shades that I saw on L'Oreal's site but not in the Walgreens where I first found the display- 372 Petal Devotion and 374 Kitten Paw. I've got them for you today.  I purchased mine from Ulta, and I suspect that they're a retailer exclusive.

For a quick refresher of the claims on this formula, it's touted to be 16-hour wear. I find these to dry down to full matte (any shine in photos is because I was too impatient/didn't want to deal with removal issues). Like every other matte liquid lipstick, they're slightly drying. I love using the Anastasia Beverly Hills lip primer to help combat that.



372 Petal Devotion appears to be a mid-toned warm pink in the frosted tube.



These types of colors tend to pull a lot darker on my pigmented lips. Consider that a spoiler.


Honestly, the applicator is one of the excellent things about this product. It makes precision so easy.

Swatch time:



Remember what I said about things pulling darker? I struggled with grabbing representative photos. Here we go:


So, you can see how matte liquid lips tend to dry out my sensitive lips very quickly. Still, I think this is a lovely rosy mauve that's honestly a staple in any liquid lips collection. I'm happy to have it in my collection, but it's not terribly unique.

Now, let's talk about shade 374 Kitten Paw.


I don't know how to describe this one.


Greyed lilac? It has a purple hint in the tube but I honestly thought this would be wearable.


Maybe it was wishful thinking. Here's a swatch:


So yeah, there's a white base in there. I cringe to show this on my lips but it will demonstrate my point.


Ick. It reminds me a lot of the Infallible Lip Paint that's lilac. I just can't see this being flattering on me ever.


Take a look at these tubes again- I'm just not sure how the lilac and the tube really correspond, but they do. Insert a shrugging Emoji here I guess.

Here's a comparison swatch:



I still think this is an excellent drugstore liquid lipstick, but my experience with Kitten Paw has made me pull back on just buying blindly from the line. It's still the same formula, but I don't want to make another $10 mistake.

Bottom Line: Still love the line, but do your research first on shade!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.