Monday, July 24, 2017

New Summer 2017 L'Oreal Lips: Infallible Metallics Paints & Infallible Matte Metallics Paints- and a new Pro-Matte Liquid Lip as a bonus


I took my time earlier to share with you the all-new L'Oreal Infallible Matte Paints yesterday, and now it's the other three finishes. Phew.

First up, the L'Oreal Infallible Metallics Paints (MSRP $9.99). These are the most accessible of the three new Paints formulas that I've found, with displays of four colors at just about all mass retailers (CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Walmart, Target, Ulta).


First up, 330 Moon Lust.


This is the lightest of the three Metallics Paints that I have, and probably the most wearable. It's hard to describe in terms of shade- it's a bit of a nudey pink with peach?


The tube is fairly representative. All of these Paints have the same component, and applicator.



Here it is, swatched. First, in studio lighting:


And now, in ambient lighting:



But the real test is how these look on the lips. First, in studio lighting:


Now, in ambient:



This is my favorite of the Metallic Paints, and the most muted of the metallics. I haven't yet worn these out but I would feel comfortable running errands in this one. Work? Not so much in my office. My only complaint is the very nature of any metallic shade- hella lip lines!

Next up, 332 Galactic Foil.


This is the darkest shade that I purchased to test, and quite honestly- I was nervous.


This is a red berry shade that's again- way out of my recent nude loves.



Here it is, swatched under studio lights (spoiler: these metallic shades jump under studio lights):



Here's that same swatch in ambient lighting:



Finally, here it is on my lips:




I'm officially tucking this one away until Fall when I'm craving these deeper shades. I mainly purchased this to test formula in comparison to Moon Lust. I'm happy to say that they both perform equally.

Next up, 336 Liquid Venom. This is my most recent acquisition, and a shade I became obsessed with.


This is a deep red-brown metallic (duh) shade that's warmer than Galactic Foil.


I really feel like these shades are made for people who have darker complexions than I do, but sometimes you have to step out of the box, right? I became obsessed with having this but haven't yet ventured outside wearing it.




Swatched under studio lighting:



And swatched under ambient lighting:




Here's a swatch under studio lighting. This is truly a stunning red-brown shade. I wish I was cool enough to wear this out.




I'm not sure why I felt like I needed this shade- perhaps it's the warm hues I've been wearing- but I look forward to playing with it the rest of this sizzling hot summer.


Just to wrap up our discussion of this formula, here's a studio lighting group swatch:



I have this overall love/hate with metallic lip shades. These are totally trendy and fun- but I'm not sure if I'm entirely comfortable with them. They're a nice alternative to the drying liquid lipsticks. If you haven't checked them out yet, I do recommend trying one to see if they're for you.


Next up, let's talk about the hybrid release of the group: L'Oreal Infallible Matte Metallic Paints ($9.99 MSRP).

So far, I've only found these online at Ulta.com. If these have made it to local stores, please let us all know in the comments. There are six colors, but I only picked up one of them to test.


Meet 376 Flamingo Floss. I couldn't resist. This has the same packaging as the others, but with a brushed metallic finish.


Same applicator as always.



Swatched under studio lighting- this just looks pretty.



Swatched in ambient lighting shows off its chalkiness a bit:



Swatched on the lips in studio lighting (Where it feels 1980s):



Finally, in ambient lighting:


I've tested this around my home a few times and think it's ok. It's very dry like the mattes and emphasizes lines like the metallics. I think I need to play with primers for best performance. This, like the others, doesn't deal well with eating/drinking.

I'm eyeing two other shades to test if/when they eventually hit stores. I feel like the red hues are best suited for this type of formula rather than a medium pink like what I have. But it's a Flamingo shade. I had to.

Finally, let's talk about the all-new L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Lipstick ($9.99 MSRP, 0.21 fl oz/6.3ml). This formula completely snuck up on me. Unlike the new Paints that I was on the hunt for, I hadn't seen this pop up on the brand's Instagram or anywhere else. I literally ran into them at Walgreens.


I don't normally post display photos, but this way you can see the whole shade array.  Here's a breakdown, from L-R:

352 Shake Down
358 Cowboy:
360 Angora
354 Nudist
366 Stirred
362 Plum Bum
356 Deeply Disturbed
370 Roseblood:
364 Milk and Cookies:
368 Matador

Also on L'Oreal's website but not in-store:
372 Petal Potion- a salmon pink
374 Kitten Paw- a light lilac

To change things up, I purchased shade 360 Angora.


Angora is one of those greigey nudes that I generally stay away from, but I wanted to push myself a bit. In case you're wondering, this is the same packaging (albeit with a frosted component) as the Pro Matte Glosses and Infallible Glosses:


I'm huge fans of the other formulas, so I was really excited to try the liquid lipstick form.

The doe foot applicator likewise looks very familiar:


Let's swatch her. First, let's use studio lighting... no, I didn't wait for it to dry down:


Same swatch, ambient lighting instead:


Here's what Angora looks like on the lips. I had a natural light shot but when I looked closer, it was unusable. Obviously, this is in studio lighting.


Let's talk formula. This takes quite awhile to dry down (about 5 minutes) and I struggled like crazy. It was simultaneously easy to work with the applicator but I found the color patchy unless I worked very carefully with it. That's the issue I had with my initial application photos. I literally put it on outside of Walgreens and it was hella patchy. Layering is a tricky proposition as well.

Does QBB recommend this formula? I don't feel like one shade is enough to truly judge the line, but the color I worked with was non-drying on my sensitive lips. I'm going to try a bold color next and see if the patchiness persists.

Bottom Line: L'Oreal is wearing me and my lips out with all of these new releases! I enjoyed playing with textures and colors that are way out of my comfort zone. I think there's something for everyone.

And a QBB Update: Long after I'd drafted this post, I picked up a few additional products (2x Metallics, 1X Matte Metallics, 2x Pro Matte Liquid Lipstick). I wanted to publish this first set in a timely basis, so I'll revisit these brighter shades in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.