While I certainly haven't had the opportunity to try out all of these products, the Sephora in JCPenney versions of the large Sephora sets are never online, so I wanted to give everyone a peek at what's inside. There are a lot of repeats from the 2013 set, but it's in a smaller bag. This retails for $32 and includes the standard charitable donation to the Skin Cancer Foundation.
- Algenist Regenerative Anti Aging Moisturizer SPF 20 (0.5 fl oz/15ml)
- Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 25
- Murad Essential-C Day Moisture SPF 30 (0.33 fl oz/10 ml)
- Ole Henriksen Protect the Truth SPF 50+ Broad Spectrum Sunscreen (0.5 fl oz/15ml)
- Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion (0.5 fl oz/15 ml)
- Shiseido SPF 50+ Ultimate Sun Protection Cream (0.64 fl oz)
- St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse (1.69 fl oz/50ml)
- Stila Stay All Day 10-in-1 HD Bronzing Beauty Balm SPF30 (0.23 fl oz/7ml)
- Supergoop SPF50 Sun-Defying Sunscreen Oil (1 fl oz/30 ml)
- Tarte Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Self-Tanner (0.5 fl oz/15 ml)
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Medium/Deep Matte Bronzer (4g/0.14oz)
I just wanted to take a moment to show the contents of the kit, not necessarily review it. This year's bag is smaller than the 2013 version. Here's a comparison of the two. 2014 is on top, 2013 on the bottom.
Overall the Sun Safety Kit is one of the items I look forward to every summer. It's a great way to sample various sunscreens and self-tanners. I've discovered some great new favorites- and it's also a cost-effective way to do so.
The Sephora version will likely be available online later this month. It's larger, and has a higher price tag. Since I've already purchased the SiJCP version, I won't be picking it up.