Thursday, May 8, 2014

What I'm Wearing- Perfumes, Spring 2014

It's only been over the past year that I've noticed that my scent preferences shift dramatically with the seasons.  After going through an entire bottle of Dior Addict Eau Delice, with Flash by Jimmy Choo sprinkled in that I noticed a distinct pivot for spring/summer.

Although I'm not a trend-following scent type of girl, I noticed that I'm right on trend, despite myself.  I've been rotating between three main fragrances this spring.  I don't do perfume reviews for a reason, as my nose lacks the sophistication to pick out different notes and accurately describe them.

Spring Love #1: Tom Ford Private Blend Santal Blush ($210/50ml)

Photo via Nordstrom


I don't own a full-sized bottle of this (yet), but I've been enjoying some deluxe samples I received as a GWP at my Nordstrom Beauty Trend Show in March.  This is the only Private Blend fragrance that I'd feel comfortable wearing to a conservative office. It's soft and feminine, but wears like iron.  I require a lot from my fragrances, and this is one of the few that I can still detect 16 hours later. This fragrance manages to be simultaneously soft and complex. If the other Private Blend fragrances are too powerful for you, I highly recommend this offering.

 
Spring Love #2: Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede Cologne ($60-$115)

Photo via Nordstorm


This purchase is directly attributable to the generosity of a Nordstrom SA. As a part of an order, she threw in a group of Jo Malone fragrance samples. While I enjoyed playing with all of the scents. Peony and Blush Suede stood out to me.  It wasn't a surprise since I have been loving suede fragrances lately.  I think this is lovely, soft, and perfect for spring. I wish it had a little better wear time, but I just throw a sample vial into my makeup bag in the morning and I'm good to go.

Spring Love #3: Balenciaga Rosabotanica ($25-100)

Photo via Nordstrom



This is another example of where sampling works. I got the recent 500pt perk with a deluxe sample of Rosabotanica and fell in love.  I managed to limit myself to just a rollerball during Chic Week, but have been loving roses this spring.  Yes, I know that's right on trend, but really... Rosabotanica just fits my state of mind lately.


What have you been wearing this spring?  Do you rotate your scents?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still on a perfume-buying kick. I placed another Jo Malone order yesterday and plan to purchase another perfume next weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.