Monday, May 12, 2014

Burberry Lip Cover No 29 Golden Peach

I feel like today's product should come with a bit of an apology. I have several Burberry items that I planned to review in April that I just didn't get to.  In this particular case, its because I was still testing and had gotten derailed by my new favorite that I introduced you to yesterday- Chantecaille Lip Chic in Wild Rose.

After a disastrous trial of Dior's Rose Crinoline, I was still yearning for a peach shade for spring/summer that actually worked with my highly pigmented lips.  I've got bold corals- both orange-based (see: Clinique Runway Coral) and red-based (I'll be showing you my new favorite, Lipstick Queen Jungle Queen tomorrow).  But I still couldn't find a good, soft peach.



After my extensive trials of Burberry products, I saw that Lip Cover #29-  Golden Peach was back in stock at Burberry.com. Lest you've forgotten in the whole 12 days without a Burberry review, Lip Cover lipsticks are full pigment and coverage, fairly moisturizing and medium-wear, retail for $30, and contain 0.12oz/3.5g of product.



Golden Peach was originally released with the Spring 2012 collection, and is a true peach with a few pink undertones to keep it from being a bright orange shade- despite how it looks in the tube (Devon Sunset (#28) is closer to Rose Crinoline).  Please see comparison swatches of the two at Natural Chic and Beauty Crazed.

After testing this for a few days, I feel like I hear angelic music and the Hallelujah Chorus when I put this on my lips.  This is my HG peachy coral lipstick.  It's soft but pigmented enough to cover my problematic pigmented lips without any concealer (or "crap"). It's true love for Golden Peach and I, and we'll be spending some serious time together this summer, especially with the amount of turquoise that I wear.



Golden Peach requires touch-ups every 3-4 hours, or after eating/drinking- like the other Lip Covers. However, in the iconic Burberry packaging, you may want to whip it out more often than that! This is one of the non-frosty Lip Covers, and wear/finish/moisturizing factor are right on par with my favorites in the line. This is one of my top 3 Lip Covers by far.






While Lip Covers are generally close to their appearance in the tube, I think showing swatches is the best way to back up my claim that this is a soft shade.

In direct sunshine:





Outside, not in direct sun, no flash:





Outside, with flash:



Inside, without flash:






Inside, with flash:





And finally, on my lips:





Bottom line- this is one of only a few shades in my current rotation. It's perfect for this time of year and I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.