Monday, May 19, 2014

Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Cleansing Gel

After trying the new Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask and falling head over heels, I was curious about the companion Cleansing Gel.  At $38/8.5oz, it's less than half the price per ounce of my HG cleanser. It comes in a tall, clear plastic bottle that showcases the light pink hue of the cleanser.



This is a mildly lathering cleanser. I appreciate that it forces the user to engage in some facial massage to create the lather, which is excellent for anti-aging and overall skin health. It appears to be clear once it leaves the bottle- suggesting that the pink isn't overloaded with synthetic dyes.

I found that this cleanser stripped my face of any moisture. I actually felt dry enough to put an additional moisturizer on several hours later on top of my Le Weekend (a real no-no!).  I am dedicated to using this bottle up, but don't expect to repurchase.


I compared the ingredient list with the one on this page and they're identical.  This cleanser promises a lot- "With state-of-the-art breakthrough stem cell technology, rose stem cells are blended with rose extracts to help repair visible signs of aging, including the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, skin texture, and dullness. It effectively clears skin of impurities and sweeps away dead surface skin cells that can dull the complexion. Rose water adds a light, delicate scent and leaves skin clean, purified, silky soft, rejuvenated, and youthful-looking." I'm not sure how well it delivers on any of them because it's honestly too much for my face.

I feel like this cleanser would work best for above-30 skin that's been historically a bit oily since I found it a bit drying on my sensitive skin.  The good news is that it leaves you feeling fresh- and although my face felt dry, it didn't irritate my skin.

This is a product that I highly recommend trying before you buy.  Peter Thomas Roth Stem Cell Cleansing Gel is available at Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom, and the brand's website.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.