Sunday, May 18, 2014

Edward Bess Luxury Face Brush

Edward Bess is one of those brands I've read a lot about and always wanted to try. I highly recommend that everyone does a bit of reading about the creator and his eponymous brand.  Edward Bess products are truly created for a woman to look her best.  They're not flashy, but they're high quality items that make a woman look her best.

I recently took advantage of the sale being offered as the line exits Sephora. (Don't worry, it will still be available through other retailers.) I can already tell that this won't be my last purchase from this line.



Today I'm pleased to be sharing the Edward Bess Luxury Face Brush ($56) with you,

Edward Bess makes only two brushes: the Luxury Face Brush and the Luxury Eye Brush.  I was more than a little skeptical that the Luxury Face Brush could really meet all of my needs. I owe the brush and its creator an apology. Likewise, I was blown away by the bristles, even though they initially seemed like they would be too harsh.

I have a checkered past with kabuki brushes. In theory, I like them and I want to use them. However, I'd not yet found one that worked for me. I'm pleased to say that this brush far outperformed my expectations..  It may be small, but it's small but mighty.



The Edward Bess Luxury Face Brush is about 3inches long in total; 1.5"-long handle and 1.5"-long bristles. The black bristles are slightly wavy in appearance. According to the box, it was manufactured in China.

Yes, it's really this small. But it's a fantastic tool.


It turns out that this brush is an incredibly versatile tool. I've used it for both all-over powder (Chanel Les Beiges) and bronzer, which requires a more precise hand.  The performance of this brush blew me away. It picked up exactly the right amount of product and deposited it on my face for a natural look.  It's clear to me that Edward Bess' aesthetic is you, but better.  Consider me sold.  The small size of this brush makes it easy to take on-the-go for touch-ups. I only wish it had a case to protect it.

Admittedly, I haven't put this through many washings. The times I have washed it, there wasn't a lot of shedding, and it retained its shape.

This is the first kabuki brush I've reallly enjoyed. This is what I've been searching far and wide for.  Even more remarkably, this can replace powder, bronzer, and  (if you're incredibly careful) a fluffy blush brush for travel.  I'm sold.  So much so that I'm thinking of buying a second one, at full price. It's now my tool of choice for my beloved Les Beiges.

Let's be honest: if I'm in love with the Face Brush, I can see the Eye Brush ($40) in my future.  I've also learned an important lesson: don't judge a brush by its appearance. Edward Bess has created a superior face brush in terms of design and performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.