Tuesday, May 20, 2014

April 2014 Empties

Wow!  April was quite the use-it-up month for me.  I also regifted several small shopping bags of samples to family, so although I've been buying a lot lately, I'm trying to keep things in balance.  I'm hopeful that May will be just as productive in terms of empties!  I've been testing some new products, so it's a good time to use samples.  I know we're halfway through May already, but this month has been anything but ordinary for me.

I had to break up the groups a bit.

 April Makeup Empties:


  • Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof- Gris- I loved this and will likely repurchase in the future.
  • Fresh Sugar Lip Balm (1 full size, 1 deluxe sample)- This is a staple in my home and I go through a silly amount of these
  • Dior Diorshow Extase Mascara (deluxe sample, monthly mascara) - April's mascara, I've previously reviewed it.  I actually didn't like it as much as I did months ago, but this is one of several mascaras that I favor at the moment.
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel- Full size, it's a must-have every single day.
  • Guerlain Meteorites Primer (sample)- I really liked the effect of this, but I can't justify the price.
  • Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer (0.33oz)- My normal go-to, I go through this every few months
  • Dior Diorshow Lash Plumping Primer- I can't live without this. I have incredible lashes- all thanks to this!


April Basics Empties:



  • Sephora Collection Daily Brush Cleanser- I go through this quickly.
  • Butter London Powder Room Nail Polish Remover- Part of a set, I didn't particularly like the scent.
  • Zoya Remove+ (8oz)- My prior go-to. It's now what I'd use if I was going to leave my nails bare only.
  • 2x Ulta Exfoliating Cotton Rounds- I should really just buy these by the case.
  • Shiseido Facial Cotton- The only cotton that touches my sensitive skin. I've done a side-by-side test with Chanel's Le Cotton, and Shiseido wins by far.
  • Not photographed: box of Butter London Scrubbers- I originally meant to review these, but I think they're awesome.


April Skincare Empties:


  • Philosophy Purity Cleansing Wipes- These are a must-have for me.
  • Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging Eye Cream-It took me forever to finish this. I received a full-sized version with a Sephora code. It's ok, but I'm just not a big fan of the product. I had high hopes for it since I love Modern Friction and stuck it out.
  • First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads- I didn't realize how much these did until I stopped using them for awhile. They're amazing.
  • Assorted samples- A lot of Shiseido, and 2 deluxe samples from Chanel. I particularly liked the Hydra Beauty Serum and its scent, but I actually ended up selecting a different Chanel skincare regimen.

April Hair/Body Empties:


  • Philosophy Peaches and Cream 3-in-1- My favorite scent of all time. Luckily I have a second 1L of this tucked away
  • The Body Shop Vitamin E Body Butter- It's ok, this is a product I've had sitting around for awhile and am glad to have used it up.
  • Koh Gen Do Cleansing Water- I use this like it literally is water. It's a must-have
  • Illume Coconut Mango Body Wash- Part of a set.
  • Bumble and Bumble Color Minded Shampoo- Tried it, didn't like what it did to my hair.
  • Bumble and Bumble Color Minded Condtioner-  Ditto
  • Kiehl's Sunflower Oil Color Preserving Conditioner- My everyday conditioner these days.
  • Kiehl's Superbly Smoothing Argan Conditioner- I love the effect, hate the medicinal smell
  • 2x Sephora Collection Body Butter samples- Caused me to buy a small size!

Phew!  I know May won't be as great as April- but hopefully I can have a huge month like this every second or third. My collection cries for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.