Monday, May 26, 2014

NOTD: Essie Chills & Thrills (2014 Neons Collection)

Today's NOTD is one of my selections from Essie's 2014 Neons Collection.  Chills & Thrills is a saturated indigo shade that's one of the more understated in the collection.

It reminds me of a poor man's Butter London Giddy Kipper (note to self: need to swatch Giddy Kipper a a NOTD!).



You're seeing 3-4 coats of Chills & Thrills over one coat of Butter London Cotton Buds. See this blogger's explanation of why white is an important undercoat. Like others, I'm having a hard time recommending this collection. The formula is horrific and patchy, and doesn't last. I managed to chip one of my nails over the 6 hours of sleep that I got!  The whole look is topped with Butter London Hardware.

As much as I disliked the formula, I couldn't stop looking at my nails. It's a bold, vibrant look.



There's one other shade that I can't stop thinking about, otherwise the rest of this collection is a huge pass for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.