Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Lipstick Queen Jungle Queen



Today I have a product that's completely out of my comfort zone which has quickly become a favorite.  Let me assure you: don't be afraid of Lipstick Queen Jungle Queen.



When I first spotted a promo image for this lipstick at Space NK, I knew it was just a matter of time before it was mine.  I really enjoy Lipstick Queen products, and Jean Queen is actually a staple for both my mother and I.  Yesterday I bought you my favorite new orange-based peach/coral in Burberry's Golden Peach.  Lipstick Queen Jungle Queen is the perfect foil- it's the red-based coral that everyone needs in their wardrobe.



First, a few quick stats.  Jungle Queen retails for $22 and is available at Space NK, the brand's website, and Ulta.com.  My local Ulta has Lipstick Queen, and I haven't seen it in-store as of this past weekend. It weighs in at 3.5g/0.12oz of product.



Like always, Lipstick Queen nails the packaging.



The brand describes Jungle Queen as "a fiercely flattering coral", and I agree. However, it's also semi-sheer, glossy, and very red-leaning.

Shockingly, I've worn this at my conservative workplace and didn't feel out of place. It's lovely and not over-the-top. Like most Lipstick Queen products, it's not a full-coverage product, which is what makes it flattering.



Jungle Queen lasted about 3 hours if I didn't eat or drink, about average wear-time for me.  I'm not sure if this is LE for summer, but it's certainly a shade that I wouldn't wait to pick up.

 I've been using a lot of words, so here are some swatches:

Outside, no flash:






Outside, with flash:





Inside, without flash:




Inside, with flash:






And finally, on the lips:




Bottom Line: It's the perfect addition to my favorite trio of orange/coral lipsticks for summer.  It's bold, but wearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.