Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Bite Beauty Deconstructed Rose Lipstick in Damask



Today I have one of Bite Beauty's LE Deconstructed Rose lipsticks to share with you ($28, Sephora).  I didn't feel the need to buy the whole set, but Damask called out to me.





I find myself struggling to describe the color accurately.  It's a saturated, vivid pink that lies somewhere past pale but not a medium tone.  It has blue undertones. It's demure when compared with, say, Tom Ford Flamingo but much darker than light pinks like Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Romance. It's far lighter than the LE Bite Rose.



Bite describes Damask as "rosy pink." I agree, but wish I had more specific terms to better help you visualize it.

There is a distinct rose aroma from this lipstick, although I only noticed it upon application. Wear time is acceptable, but not outstanding. Over the course of a work day (8 hours), I applied before leaving home, after my morning latte, after lunch, and before leaving for the day. On average, it probably wears 3-4 hours without eating or drinking.



I am probably the queen of saturated pink lipsticks and find this to be unique.  I tested this by wearing it to the office, and it's perfectly appropriate. I actually wore this as part of a tamer look, so it shouldn't intimidate anyone.  I've mainly bought reds from Bite, so I appreciated this change of pace.

Here's a swatch on my hand, outside (I did my usual set and they're all so close that there's no value added):



And on my lips:






Overall, this gets a thumbs-up from me. I wish it had longer wear time, but at least I feel comfortable that it's made of food grade ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.