Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Creamy Cleanser

I don't do many skincare reviews on this blog, mostly because I find it reprehensible for bloggers to evaluate a product after a few uses. So when you see a skincare product featured in this space, you can be certain that I've really put it through its paces.

Today I'd like to share my HG cleanser with you, the lovely Shiseido Benefiance Extra Creamy Cleansing Foam. It's made it difficult to enjoy any other.  It's also important to know that this is the cleanser that I use as a comparison for all others.

First, the stats.  This cleaner retails for $35 for 4.4oz of cleanser.  This is a creamy cleanser rather than a foaming cleanser. Shiseido's Benefiance line is known for anti-aging properties, but this cleanser is appropriate for anyone with sensitive skin, or who enjoys a gentle cleansing.





I've experimented with this cleanser for more than a year, and it's a staple in my skincare routine. I find many other cleansers to be drying.  Benefiance Creamy Cleanser is moisturizing enough to leave my face soft, clean, but not stripped of its natural oils.  I can't say the same, for example, about Philosophy Purity.

This cleanser excels in being effective without overdrying.  This cleanser, however, has no exfoliating properties. I supplement with Clinique 7-Day Scrub Cream about twice per week to keep my skin exfoliated.

Although it's not the recommended manner, I actually enjoy using this in the shower (no direct spray, thanks).  I find that the steam really allows this cleanser to to work its magic.

I'm at the age where I am thinking of preventing aging (my early 30s), so I can't say much about the anti-aging properties of this cleanser. However, don't let that dissuade you from this product. It's great.

Overall, I recommend this for anyone looking for a gentle cleanser that's effective yet non-drying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.