Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Clinique Long Last Lipstick 0A Runway Coral

It's almost time for the Nordstrom Spring Beauty Trend Shows to commence throughout the country, and I wanted to share with you the best impulse purchase I made last year. The ironic thing is that I was afraid to wear it out of the house for half of the summer.  Silly me, I missed half a summer with the best coral lipstick out there!


First, the details.  Clinique Long Last Lipstick retails for $15 and Runway Coral is available at Clinique.com.  I see it on pre-order at Nordstrom, which leads me to think it'll be another Beauty Trend Show exclusive.


Long Last Lipsticks have a buttery formula, and moderate wear time. I touch this up every few hours, but I drink throughout the workday.


Runway Coral is a vibrant red coral that pulls a little orange on me.  It's lovely on my very pale complexion, and pigmented enough to cover my dark lips.


A quick note- flash photography makes it look brighter than it is in real life.


This shot in front of my trusty swatch shrub really makes it look more red than it is:


I didn't get to grab lip photos before the weather turned (as is the case lately, I was able to rapidly photograph a number of products), but I do have some swatches:

Outside, no flash:





Outside, no flash- nothing blocking natural light:


Outside, with flash:





Outside, with flash (nothing blocking natural light):



Inside, without flash:





Inside, with flash:



Although this isn't the most long-lasting lipstick (despite the name), I love the color. It's so flattering on any number of skintones.  This is the first bright coral lipstick that I incorporated into my wardrobe.

Bottom Line: I highly recommend this shade to anyone.  I suspect that Nordstrom will have an exclusive in-store for a limited amount of time, so go see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.