Tuesday, October 3, 2017

bareMinerals Take Me With You Complexion Rescue Set for Holiday 2017



Today I'd like to share my thoughts on the first true holiday set I picked up this year. I hate myself for purchasing holiday back in September, but that's how it goes. Let's talk about the bareMinerals Take Me With You 3 Pc Complexion Rescue Try-Me Kit.  I purchased mine at Ulta during the 21 Days of Beauty sale for $39. The packaging claims it's a $67.75 value- which I'm not sure about.

The kit is available in six shades. One quick aside- shame on you, bareMinerals, for skewing this so light. Shades 01, 02, 03, 05, 07, and 09 are available. I'm personally thrilled that my Shade (Opal 01) was available since it normally isn't, but four of the first five shades? There are a total of 16 in the line.

You get three items in this kit: a deluxe-sized version of the Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream, a mini face Smoothing brush, and a deluxe sample of Golden Gate blush.


Oh, and there's a very soft and shiny makeup bag as well:


It's nice, but I feel like my bag would eat that makeup bag up in about 5 minutes.

Let's start with the Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream.


I haven't formally reviewed it on the blog, but it's been creeping in my monthly favorites. This is by far and away my current favorite tinted moisturizer. I've been using it rather quickly. You receive 20ml/0.68fl oz of product, making it travel friendly. To be honest, that's one of the reasons why I purchased the kit- the full size is 1.18 fl oz, making it not TSA-compliant.

I'm going to swatch Opal 01 on my hand here. On the left is a dot; it's blended out on the rest of my hand.


It's pretty much perfect for my NW13-15 complexion. In case you're wondering, I used my full-sized tube to swatch so I can keep the small travel guy as long as possible.

Now, let's talk about the brush. I'm not sure about this, but I'll continue to work with this.


It's travel-sized and would work in a pinch.

Lastly, let's talk about the blush. I may be the last one on Earth, but I haven't played with bareMinerals' loose blushes before.


Having looked at them at Ulta before, this is the shade I would've selected- so I'm happy to have a small size to experiment with. This is the type of item I am thrilled to get in kits because I'll never use a full size and I'm not sure about the formula.

I know this is bareMinerals' niche, but the closure totally impressed me.


Let's talk about Golden Gate. It's a bit deep for my skintone, but I think it might've been too much to ask for them to customize blushes to complexions.


This is the absolute tiniest bit, blended out. I guess it will be lasting me forever. It's a ruddy orange shimmer that's a summer/fall shade for me. I'll keep playing with it, but loose blush sort of annoys me right now. Am I the only one?

Bottom Line: I think this is a good way to try multiple products from bareMinerals. If any of the kits will match your complexion, I think it might be worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.