Monday, October 30, 2017

Sephora Dark Rainbow PRO Flawless Airbrush #56

I have a quickie review for you this evening- mostly because the VIB sale is coming up and I wanted to get in as many holiday posts as I can.

Yes, I'm a brush junkie. I used to purchase every single special edition I could get my hands on, but I've been more selective as of late.

Meet the Holiday 2017 Sephora Dark Rainbow PRO Flawless Airbrush #56.


Oh, the holo! She's beautiful!

OK, focus.



First, the basics. The Sephora Dark Rainbow #56 brush is exclusive to Sephora (duh) and retails for $32. I purchased mine from Sephora.com, and didn't check if it's in stores yet. One of the things I truly appreciate is that the regular brush also retails for $32. Nicely done, Sephora!

This is my second #56 brush- I picked up the Mara Hoffman collab a couple of summers ago.. I also have a mini since it was the Rouge renewal gift for 2017.

According to Sephora, this is supposed to be a synthetic foundation brush; I prefer a stiffer brush head if I'm going to use a brush for foundation. I find this to be nice for any number of powders- all-over face, finishing, even some cheek work. (For that matter, you don't have to use brushes for their stated tools- just understand what types of products they work well with and what might work with your personal technique!)



I really like this oil slick color- it's a beautiful addition to my collection that I can actually spot. Now, let's talk about the brush itself and whether it's worth picking up for you.


As I mentioned, this is a synthetic brush. It's got medium-long bristles, and it's initially fairly flat as it's packed from the factory:



Over time, this does have the tendency to spread but it's not by a lot. I find this most useful for applying cheek powders that you want a little precision with- but not a pointed brush. I've used it for a bronzetour and also for blush. Due to the density of the head, it does pack a punch. I find it's best with items that are firmly pressed- the synthetic bristles can pick up even the firmest pressed powders.

Is it worth $32? I don't know because there are more and more brushes that are kicking butt at the drugstore (hello, Wet n Wild) and this is a synthetic brush. I tend to hate synthetic brushes, but it's nice to have a few in my collection. This is a highly popular brush at Sephora because it can multi-task. If you've got one, I wouldn't rush out to get this. However, if you've been looking to pick it up why not grab the pretty rainbow one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.