Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Anastasia Beverly Hills Sugar Glow Kit for Holiday 2017

I admit it: I'm relatively late to the game for the ABH Glow Kits. I missed out on the original few. I have the Nicole G, Sun Dipped, Moonchild, and Aurora Kits in my stash but wish I'd bought them from the beginning.



As much as I love these, I struggle to find the words to describe the products and their impact in fine detail. You've been warned.

OK, the basics. The Sugar Glow Kit retails for $40 and is currently available via the brand, Sephora, Ulta, and Macy's. I purchased mine from Ulta shortly after it launched. The Glow Kit contains four round pans that contain 7.4g of highlighter each- which is consistent with the previous four-pan Glow Kits. Like the others, this doesn't have a mirror.



The Sugar Glow Kit contains four shades that really work well for my fair skin. I like three of these so much that I may actually pick up a backup on sale so I can use without abandon. Let's dig into it.



Marshmallow is the lightest shade in the Kit.



The brand calls this a "white pearl." I spy a gold shift in this shade.


It's very pretty against my pale complexion and is more of a gleam on me than a metallic highlighter.

Next up, Gumdrop.


According to the brand, this is "duo chrome pink lilac."


This is one of my favorite shades- it mainly leans goldy pink on me although as a warning- there is some visible glitter.


The third shade is Butterscotch.


The brand describes this as "honey gold."


This is my least favorite shade in the Kit. It's a wearable gold for me, but a strong yellow gold.

The final shade is Starburst.



The brand describes this as "icy pink."

I call this my HG pinky nude highlighter. It can be subtle (left) or bling (right). This is incredible.


Here's a look at all four shades together- these pink highlighters really are some of my favorites. Normally I'm sad when I only have a testing item for an entire category in my weekly drawer but playing with just these for the past week was delightful.


I love the Sugar Glow Kit and find it to be so flattering on my skin. If you're extremely cool-undertoned and pale like I am, this is the Glow Kit for you. I'm honestly not sure how great this will be on medium and deep skin, so I'd recommend finding another set of swatches for reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.