Sunday, October 15, 2017

Tarte Clay Play Face Shaping Palette

If you'd asked me when this was first released if I'd purchase another all-matte, neutral palette, the answer would've been a resounding NO.

After watching many YouTube videos where this continued to be casually referenced as being really good by some of those who don't generally push products, I decided to take a plunge.



$46 and 12 matte neutral shades later, I can't put this down. It's my new go-to buddy for everything.

A quick note for any vegan readers- I spot carmine in three shades, so this isn't a vegan palette. It is a cruelty-free brand.

A word of warning- due to the gold metallic interior and the giant mirror, this is awful to photograph, let alone in a way that represents the colors accurately.


Visually, it's a really pretty palette, right? I hope this is a permanent addition to Tarte's line because it's just that good.

I'd originally planned to post a long, raving entry about this because of just how often I reach for this (at least 4-5 days per week), but this one's really hard to photograph.




Let me show you swatches in two different lighting setups, and then we'll talk about the genius of this palette.

Ambient Lighting:


Studio Lighting:


This is one of the least-hyped releases that has had the biggest impact on my daily routine. One of the best parts about this palette is that it reminds us that powders can be used anywhere on the face. Your bronzer? Chuck it in the crease. That brow powder? Use it as a contour (I do that often). This is a great set of 12 neutral mattes that I've used as eyeshadow, contour, bronzer, and brow powder. All I really need is a blush and a neutral highlight (that can double on the eyes) and I'm set to go for the day. There aren't many palettes that you can say that about.

These shades work well for me and I suspect this will be the second Tarte palette that I completely pan (Tartelette in Bloom was the first- I'm actually working to completely use it up.). Don't sleep on it for being completely boring- these are those shades you can always use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.