Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Lipstick Queen Nothing But the Nudes Collection

There's something about a witty collection that always pulls me in.

Let me introduce to you Lipstick Queen's Fall 2017 Nothing But the Nudes Collection.



This trio of balmy nudes is currently available for $24 each at Ulta, Space NK, and the brand's website. Each lipstick contains 0.12oz of product.



Two Three things pulled me into this collection. First, I've been wearing so many nudes lately that of course I'm going to check out a nude collection! Second, the names. I'll get back to them in a moment. Third, the formula. One swatch and I was smitten.

I'm going to borrow from the brand here:

"Enriched with natural oils, waxes and anti-oxidant Vitamin E, these smooth, luxe and comfortable nudes are super-charged with hydrating nutrients to impart a modern, vinyl-like look and feel to the lips."

My lips have been in terrible shape as of late. As much as I hate to admit it, they went downhill when I ran out of Balm de Rose. I just didn't want to spend $60 for lip balm in late summer/early fall! I digress. These are so soft and smooth; they're soothing to the lips. I'm so happy that glossy lips are back in. These apply like a dream.

Again, let's go back to the brand about the inspiration

"Featuring three gorgeous shades with individual interpretations of what makes a perfect nude. 
Effortlessly chic and universally flattering, this is a collection for the nude obsessed and the nuances that go into a beautiful nude experience."
There are three shades in the Nothing But the Nudes Collection: The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing But the Truth.

I can't be the only one who smiles at those, can I?


Let's start with my initial selection- The Truth.



The Truth is described as "pretty pink nude." I call it a MLBB for fair or light complexions.

I know these are dark but this is the closest to real color.


It's honestly your standard pink nude, but this is the type of color I can't get enough of. I see myself living in this all fall. Last fall, it was SheaMoisture Tea Rose; this year it's going to be Lipstick Queen The Truth. This just perfects my natural lip color beautifully.


Now, let's talk about The Whole Truth.



The Whole Truth is described as "perfect peachy nude."

The Whole Truth is slightly lighter than my naturally pigmented lips, but luckily I've learned how to make these shades work To be honest, this is more of a summer nude for me- it reminds me of the 10,001 similar shades I wore all summer long.

I'm not going to share a lip swatch because of the amount of tweaking I have to do to make this work. You won't be seeing the true lip color. There's an arm swatch down below. I don't find it fair to show concealer/foundation/liner type swatches.



Lastly, it's time for Nothing But the Truth.


Nothing But the Truth is described as "beautiful beige nude." Think beige = brown.



This is the deepest shade in the collection, and for me it leans quite brown. Two or three years ago, I'd never have picked it up. Now, I've learned to embrace the modern brown lipstick. I'll be honest, I need something under this. The first lip swatch is on my lips directly, but the second one has some trusty MAC Lip Erase underneath- and that's where the cool brown comes to life.

Here's all three, swatched together:



Bottom Line: Do you probably need all three? No. We all have 10,001 nude lipsticks in our stashes. This collection caught my eye with the catchy shade names. I prefer to buy things that provoke an emotion in me- the fact that I smiled at them meant I had to have them all. I'm glad to have them, but they're not a necessity.  What is a necessity, in my opinion, is for everyone to go to their local Lipstick Queen retailer and swatch them to feel the formula. It's so good (and different than any other release from the brand I've tried... and I've tried almost all of them) that I think everyone needs one in their collection. Just find your favorite and wear with abandon. So, will it be The Truth, The Whole Truth, or Nothing But the Truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.